Author Topic: Is it Gyno?  (Read 4011 times)

Offline Perplexed81

• Posting Member
Hello, everyone,

As you can all clearly see I'm a new member here. I've been browsing through your site out for quite some time and found many interesting and useful topics here. Since English is not my native language, I'd also like to apologize for any spelling or grammar mistakes I might make in this post.

Here's the deal. I've been having some problems lately, some of which include "odd" sensations around the nipple area (will explain shortly). The story is somewhat lengthy, so please bear with me. About a year and a half ago I had an accident at the gym, which resulted in fractured Th 12 vertebra + hernia between Th10 and Th 11. Went home, had to rest, wear a brace and in a couple of months I was fine (except for occasional pain in the right leg; my doc didn't pay too much attention to it). I started with my training routine (very slowly at first, but slowly progressing, adding more weight etc.). Checked with my doc if it was ok to train and he said that everything should be ok, that I have nothing to worry about etc.

Then, about half a year later, while at the gym (again) I experienced a "snap" in my back. It hurt pretty bad so I went home immediately and called my family doc and then the orthopedist. I told them what happened and they said it was probably a muscle strain - that I should take some pain meds and see if the pain goes away in a couple of days. If it does, everything should be ok. So I waited. And the pain was indeed reduced greatly in a couple of days, so I thought everything was ok. I took a couple of weeks off, then headed back to the gym, trained very cautiously - did everything slowly, in a very controlled manner, only small weights etc.

In the autumn (about half a year later from the "mysterious snap") I decided to start with a somewhat more serious training regime. It was around that time that I started getting these weird symptoms. Around my left nipple, I started having these weird crawling/tingly/...sensations (especially when I was sitting in front of my computer in a slightly bent position). They weren't pins-and-needles in quality, but more subtle - like mild burning. At first, I didn't pay too much attention to it, but after a couple of weeks, my whole chest was tingly/crawly/whatever. At approximately the same time I started having middle black and lower back pain, and also some upper and lower abdominal pain, sometimes coupled with right leg pain.

Ok, after a month of all this, I went to the family doc. To make the long story short, she put me through a series of test - US of testicles, abdomen (twice), blood tests, chest and back X-rays, basic hormone tests. All were negative (except that I have elevated slightly elevated bilirubine - this is hereditary (condition known as Gilbert syndrome) - and slightly elevated testosterone and estradiol levels - supposedly the ratio T:E is good though [other hormones were ok]). I told my doc about weird sensations about my breasts - she checked them out; as there were no lumps, no growth, no discharge, she said they look ok. Asked her about gyno, she just chuckled. She felt that my problems were probably due to a pinched nerve somewhere in the upper spine (probably because of that "crack" I was telling you about) and also told me to get an MRi (am having one in May, i.e. next month).

I talked with two more docs about this issue - first was a surgeon: she also had a look at me, and said that everything seemed fine, that she feels no glandular tissue, no growth etc. The second was a family friend doc: she also had a quick look, felt them a bit and said that perhaps they might seem a bit puffy, but she wasn't sure. She said to go to a endocrinologist to have it checked out. (am scheduled for august(!) this year).

Ok, this problem is indeed killing me. These weird sensations - I find myself staring at the mirror looking at my nipples all the time. My girlfriend says I'm crazy, that my chest is perfectly ok. I've gained some weight in the last six months as I'm not eating and training as properly as I should, so I did get a bit more body fat then before. It seems to me that my nipples are somewhat puffy. But then again my bro and my dad also have somewhat more puffy nipples. And I damn can't remember what they were like before. And I'm not sure if this is a gyno thing or something else. I've seen some members at this site who know quite a bit, so I'm really asking you to offer some advice. Does this seem like a gyno to you? Can this be somehow related to my back?

Offline elcrep

• Silver Member
  • 16 years old in london
no way is that gynecomastia.

Offline what2do?

• Silver Member
i see no gyno, you're fine bro ..

Offline Perplexed81

• Posting Member
Guys, thank you so much. What do you think about these feelings then? Do you think they could be related to my back problems? Area around my nipple is somewhat sensitive and I have these burning/crawling sensations as described above. The feeling tends to stretch from my left nipple also to my left foot. It's so odd - I find it hard to talk to anyone about it so as not to be labeled crazy. I'm also still experiencing middle - upper back pain, occasional abdominal pain, and when I wake up I sometimes have pins and needles in my both arms. All these symptoms can somehow be related to upper-back hernia - but those odd sensations on my chest?!

I'll know more when I get my MRi done, but would be very thankful if anyone offered any advice as I'm really lost here. Thank you all so much! And appreciate all your help!

Regards,
P.

Offline NH

• Posting Member
I agree with the others, there appears to be no gyne present; about the nipple size, a lot of people have different sized nipples genetically.

However, I am truly dumbfounded by the nipple tingling. I wish I could say more, but I have absolutely no idea what may have caused it. I'm guessing it could have something to do with the accidents and some nerve reactions, but I'm not sure. Sorry I couldn't help more   :-\

Offline balalayka

• Silver Member
dude, you don't belong here. You're in excellent shape. Sorry about the back troubles etc. I say you wait for the MRI results. Good luck bro.

DrBermant

Offline Perplexed81

• Posting Member
Ok, I followed your advice and took some additional pics. The light sucks big time (broad daylight in front of white coloured doors), so there's hardly any shadows, and while I was renaming the pics I accidentally forgot to rename the side photos and deleted them. :( So, there you have it. I might do them later if you feel it's necessary. Thanks!

http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk206/Perplexed81/Front.jpg
http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk206/Perplexed81/Front-ArmsRaised.jpg
http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk206/Perplexed81/LeftOblique.jpg
http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk206/Perplexed81/RightOblique.jpg
http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk206/Perplexed81/ArmsonHips-Relaxed.jpg
http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk206/Perplexed81/ArmsonHips-Flexed.jpg

Due to poor light, there is hardly any difference between "relaxed" and "flexed" pic as you can see. :)

Cheers to all of you!

P.S. Two docs felt my chest and didn't find anything unusual about them. They said my chest and nipples look normal. Of course, there is some fat on my chest as I gained some weight and lost considerable definition in the last couple of weeks due to not training and eating properly in the last six months (mostly due to pain in my back). Hope this piece of nifo helps!
« Last Edit: April 30, 2008, 04:32:00 AM by Perplexed81 »

Offline **Gynefor**

• 37 yo - 184 cm - 82 kg
No signs of gyne for me.  ;)

Offline Perplexed81

• Posting Member
Well, if anyone has any clue as to what the issue with those odd sensations could be, please let me know. I'd truly appreciate it. The closest thing I found about this problem are phenomenon called dyseasthesia or - more precisely - dysaesthethic burning. So perhaps anyone can elaborate on this issues?

Anyhow, thank you all for participating and being so friendly and supportive. I truly appreciate it.

Big cheers to you all,
P.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024