Author Topic: After Many Years and Two Operations... I Think I Have Finally Won the Battle!  (Read 9276 times)

Offline LMC1307

• Bronze Member
I have had gynecomastia ever since I was about 13 years old. I don't even have to explain to all of you the pain and suffering I have endured. Albeit, my gynecomastia was not too bad, I am a perfectionist, and so for me, it was bad. In July 2007 I finally got the operation I had been waiting years for, at the age of 18, with a price tag of $7,500. I had lipo and glandular excision. After months of healing I was deeply disappointed to see that my nipples were still large and saggy, even with the breast tissue gone.

It was for $250 that my Dr. did a revision about a month ago. This was a much less intense procedure, it was actually done under local. He did lipo. Basically liposuction melts the fat from heat and sucks it away. What my Dr. did was use the lipo method directly under the skin to heat the skin and cause underneath scaring. This in turn made my nipples tighten up. It is with that, and the removal of any little bit of fat tissue that was left that I now have a completely flat and tight chest. I have what I have always wanted!

Directly under the nipples there are still some lumps which is scar tissue, but even with that, my chest is flat. Once that subsides, I'm sure it will be absolutely perfect.

I will keep all of you updated on my progress and I am crossing my fingers that the results will stay. Of course I understand it takes six months to see full results, but this operation was MUCH less intense than the first. I was back in the gym in 1 week, if that gives you any idea

I will get pictures soon!
« Last Edit: June 13, 2008, 03:35:26 PM by LMC1307 »
Went under the knife on 7/27/07 - Revision 5/22/08 - Great results this far.
Surgery performed by Dr. Placik M.D. F.A.C.S. in Chicago, IL

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Congrats my man! I'm glad to hear that you are at peace with your chest now.  ;)

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline LMC1307

• Bronze Member
Thank you. At peace is definitely the world to describe the feeling. I was finally able to go to the pool and not question whether or not the sun was casting embarrassing shadows, or whether people were giving me second looks.

At peace.

Offline sergeantpepper

• Bronze Member
Nice. I think I'm in a similar situation as you were so I'd love to see some pictures

Offline RyanMace

• Gold Member
Great to hear bro. I just got two questions:

1. Did the local hurt? (the injection)

2. What my Dr. did was use the lipo method directly under the skin to heat the skin and cause underneath scaring.

He did that by purpose ye? Hehe.

Kind regards,

Ryan.

Offline LMC1307

• Bronze Member
Nice. I think I'm in a similar situation as you were so I'd love to see some pictures

Glad to hear man. I will get some soon!

Offline LMC1307

• Bronze Member

2. What my Dr. did was use the lipo method directly under the skin to heat the skin and cause underneath scaring.

Kind regards,

Ryan.

The local did hurt a little bit. But I was given pain killers, xanax, and valium prior to the injections so I was quite drugged up. Two things to remember about injections: 1. The pain is not the needle itself, but the actual chemical being injected and 2. Hold a conversation while the Dr. is injecting you and you should be fine.

And yes, the burning of the skin was the technique used to scar the under layers, which promotes tightening.

Offline RyanMace

• Gold Member

Kind regards,

Ryan.

The local did hurt a little bit. But I was given pain killers, xanax, and valium prior to the injections so I was quite drugged up. Two things to remember about injections: 1. The pain is not the needle itself, but the actual chemical being injected and 2. Hold a conversation while the Dr. is injecting you and you should be fine.

And yes, the burning of the skin was the technique used to scar the under layers, which promotes tightening.

Thanks mate for your quick response. Now go out and live your life =)

Offline PhillyPUFF

• Silver Member
Congrats my man! I'm glad to hear that you are at peace with your chest now.  ;)

GB

...X2  8)

Offline LMC1307

• Bronze Member
Thanks guys! Here are some pictures:

BEFORE:

AFTER:

Not all of the scarring and swelling has gone done, so the nipples should probably flatten out even a little bit more. Overall, as of today, I am happy with my chest!

Offline STR8OUT

Looks great!! Are those before pictures AFTER you had your first surgery?

I just had my surgery on Thursday and my right nip looks great but my left one is still a good bit poofy (kind of like your before picture). While I'll gladly say that its a lot better than before, I'm still sad that my nipple is poofy :(

Offline MSJ108

Looks great!! Are those before pictures AFTER you had your first surgery?

I just had my surgery on Thursday and my right nip looks great but my left one is still a good bit poofy (kind of like your before picture). While I'll gladly say that its a lot better than before, I'm still sad that my nipple is poofy :(

you got months to go before you can fully evaluate surgery. hang in there good luck!

Offline matthew1

• Gold Member
where are the photos?

Thanks guys! Here are some pictures:

BEFORE:

AFTER:

Not all of the scarring and swelling has gone done, so the nipples should probably flatten out even a little bit more. Overall, as of today, I am happy with my chest!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024