Author Topic: Question for Dr. Jacobs or patients  (Read 2327 times)

Offline kirribilli

• Posting Member
1. Will I need to make two trips to NYC; I live in South Florida.
2. Does he have an anesthesiologist in the surgery room with him?
3. What abnormalities does he look for in hormone tests that might disqualify or prompt a warning of a predisposition toward regrowth? (Mine is apparently idiopathic, from adolescent -- I am assuming some sort or receptor issue or, possibly, familiar.)

Offline Nakamura19

• Posting Member
1.  I have had one consultation with Dr. Jacobs and the next time we meet will be the day of the surgery.  He sends you a packet full of prescriptions/tests/information for/about the surgery after the surgery has been scheduled via mail/fax/pickup (your choice). 

2.  I'm pretty sure the anesthesiologist will be in the room as the surgery is being done.  I'm not 100% sure because I have not yet had the surgery.

3.  No idea. 

Offline MSJ108

You might want to call and ask or PM him.

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
In the vast majority of cases, gyne is idiopathic (ie unknown cause).  Most of my patients have had it, in stable condition, for many years since puberty.  They have no other signs of hormonal problems.  In these cases, I do not insist on complete hormonal testing -- the results usually come back completely normal. 

Yes, I work with an anesthesiologist on 99% of my cases. We have worked together for over 15 years.  He is Board certified and his responsibility is to provide gentle, intravenous sedation (you are sleeping -- feel nothing and aware of nothing) and make sure you are safe while I perform the surgery.  This is called "twilight sleep" and when administered properly, provides a nice, gentle, relaxed sleep with a very quick wake-up and recovery with minimal hangover.  I do not perform general anesthesia in my office -- only in a hospital.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024