Author Topic: My Diet Until my Surgery  (Read 5215 times)

Offline Copespo

• Gold Member
Since I am gonna get surgery some time in December, I got a while to lose fat, and even cut a few dollars from the surgery. I lost around 8 pounds in the last 3 weeks. I was wondering if anyone has any tips for my diet or any suggestions.

So what I do is I eat 5 times a day, small and healthy meals...

Breakfast
I eat a wheat cereal mixed with another chocolate flavored cereal that has lots of wheat and nuts and stuff, after this I eat 2-3 pieces of fruit and about drink 4 cups of water.

Lunch
White Rice (Not Fried or any oil/butter added)
Boiled Potatoes
Chicken Breast fried in a pan but without oil (I cut the breast into thin slices and I remove all fat from it, and I place them in a hot pan and fry them)
Drink 4 cups of water

Dinner
Boiled Potatoes
Wheat Cereal
4 cups of water

I dont like eating dinner, but I force myself, since I am never too hungry since I eat 5 times a day, breakfast, lunch and dinner count as 3 times and then I eat between breakfast and lunch and then between lunch and dinner. I love eating this new cereal, its very healthy and tastes great.

I find the boiled potatoes to be a great source of good calories as well as the rice, but I was wondering is there anything else I can include with NO fat and no oils. The chicken I prepare gives me a good amount of protein, and its not fatty, since I dont use oil I fry it, since the chicken releases water and it gets fried on water until it evaporates and then gains that BBQ look.

I also eat fruit (peaches, bananas, strawberries) and I am trying to eat more vegetables, I started buying canned corn but then someone said thats not good since cans can release some thing that causes gyne? So I stopped eating corn, I am gonna start buying the ones in glass jars.

I am never really hungry and when I get hungry its always time for one of my snack times and that keeps me going. I was thinking of adding tuna fish to my diet for the protein, those canned tunas in water, perhaps mix them with the boiled potatoes, add some salt mix it up and eat it as a salad or something.

I also exercise for 40 minutes a day, and ride my bicycle (currently out of order) but as soon as I fix my bike Im gonna ride it for at least 2-3 hours a day, also I drink about 2 liters of water on a daily basis.
Please give me more ideas for a healthy clean diet! Thanks everyone
Lose 10 (kg) by August... Achieved
Lose 5 (kg) by Mid-September.....Achieved
Gain 20 (lb) in Muscle by December.......Achieved, Gained 24lb in Muscle
Gynecomastia Consultation October 17, 08......Complete

Surgery Completed January 8th, 2009 with Dr. Elliot Jacobs in NYC!

Offline theta

• Posting Member
why is the surgery so far away?
do surgeons let you get straight into it?

Offline Copespo

• Gold Member
why is the surgery so far away?
do surgeons let you get straight into it?

The reason the surgery is going to be some time during the holidays is because of a couple of reasons.
One I am in college and this semester I am taking physical fitness, which requires running, weight lifting, pull ups and what not. If I get the surgery during or before the class starts and I go in and they tell me to lift weights, thats terrible for a healing process. I dont want to fail the class or even worse risk an injury or bad healing process because I had to do some weight lifting for class.

Second
My semester ends on Dec 19, and doesn't start again until Jan 28. Thats more then a month of time I have no school. At this time I can take a leave of absence from my job and then get the surgery around Jan 5-10 and have 20 or so days to rest totally, and not worry about school or work.

And one small reason for why I pick this time is because the temperature, its going to be cold, and my picked surgeon like all give you the compression vest, which during the summer is a killer to wear. So this can serve to heat me up a bit more during the winter, and also I am not telling my parents about the surgery, so if I get it in the winter I can wear sweat jackets and hoodies which will cover my bandages very nicely, which again provides camouflage and they will never know I had surgery.

As soon as I get back from vacation (Aug 17) I am gonna head to Dr. Jacobs office and schedule everything before hand, like he recommended I do...

Offline helloHELLO

• Silver Member
are u trying to just lose weight or also gain some muscle??
if ur just losing weight then it seems like u might be eating alot (especially carbs).
i would replace white rice with whole grain rice, and replace the potato and corn with vegetables like brocolli, asperagus, cauliflower, etc...(these veggies are high in fiber and have lower calories).

btw...do u go to a cuny college?? cuz i do too and i'm getting my surgery from jacobs real soon. if u dont want to post it here u can pm me

Offline Copespo

• Gold Member
are u trying to just lose weight or also gain some muscle??
if ur just losing weight then it seems like u might be eating alot (especially carbs).
i would replace white rice with whole grain rice, and replace the potato and corn with vegetables like brocolli, asperagus, cauliflower, etc...(these veggies are high in fiber and have lower calories).

btw...do u go to a cuny college?? cuz i do too and i'm getting my surgery from jacobs real soon. if u dont want to post it here u can pm me

Well at the moment I am focusing more on losing the weight, I do work out as well. I have been working out for the past year, and I gained a good amount of muscle. Aside from eating vegetables , is there anything else thats a bit heavier but healthy. I honestly cant get full from eating vegetables, I can eat half a ton of salad and tomatoes, etc and I would still be hungry.

Like the other day I ate 8 peaches, 2 bananas and I was still hungry, and had to eat some cereal.

I read in your other post that you were 200 something pounds, just wondering aside of the exercise what did you eat to lose the weight.

Offline helloHELLO

• Silver Member
well u haveto remember that u shouldnt be eating t feel full, u should be eating to refuel urself with enough energy where u dont feel tired or lazy.
heres what u can do if u want to feel full....
drink 2 bottles of water with ur meals (1pt. each bottle).  the water will make u feel full and going to the bathroom lol. its also cleaning ur system.
by doing this u will be drinking a gauranteed 6 bottles a day and u should try to randomly drink 2 more bottles throughout the day (8 pints equals 1 gallon).
and a gallon of water a day is good for someone losing weight because it cleans out ur system which makes u piss look like water lol. and it also keeps u hydrated. cause ur gonna lose water in ur body while u workout and u also lose water while u sleep

Offline Copespo

• Gold Member
well u haveto remember that u shouldnt be eating t feel full, u should be eating to refuel urself with enough energy where u dont feel tired or lazy.
heres what u can do if u want to feel full....
drink 2 bottles of water with ur meals (1pt. each bottle).  the water will make u feel full and going to the bathroom lol. its also cleaning ur system.
by doing this u will be drinking a gauranteed 6 bottles a day and u should try to randomly drink 2 more bottles throughout the day (8 pints equals 1 gallon).
and a gallon of water a day is good for someone losing weight because it cleans out ur system which makes u piss look like water lol. and it also keeps u hydrated. cause ur gonna lose water in ur body while u workout and u also lose water while u sleep

I am gonna stick to some basic low fat foods like brown whole wheat rice, veggies and fruits... But as far as water I drink A LOT of it ever day. I drink close to a galon a day, but now I will try really hard to drink a full gallon, which is like 3 liters and a little more.

Offline helloHELLO

• Silver Member
yea that sounds good. just watch ur calorie intake.
also, watch the salt. alot of sodium makes u bloated.
and eat eat whole eggs. they're better for fat loss than just egg whites. all the nutrients and good fats are in the yolk

Offline Copespo

• Gold Member
and eat eat whole eggs. they're better for fat loss than just egg whites. all the nutrients and good fats are in the yolk

Yea I kind of over kill it with the salt, for some reason I have some kind of disorder or something where I cant taste salt. Everyone tells me that I put too much salt on my food, but If I dont its not salty at all for me.

How should I prepare the eggs? Probably boiling them is the best, huh? Since making them in a pan requires the use of oil or butter.

Offline helloHELLO

• Silver Member
its ok to fry the eggs. i dont like hard boiled eggs so i fry them.
just dont add milk.
and i use "i cant believe its not butter" pan spray. spray they pan with 2 squirts and spread it around the pan. the best thing about it is that it has 0 calories and 0 sodium

Offline The_G0rn

• Gold Member

Yea I kind of over kill it with the salt, for some reason I have some kind of disorder or something where I cant taste salt. Everyone tells me that I put too much salt on my food, but If I dont its not salty at all for me.

How should I prepare the eggs? Probably boiling them is the best, huh? Since making them in a pan requires the use of oil or butter.

If you can't taste salt then why do you put it on your food? It has no nutritional value - just hardens your arteries and makes you retain water (giving you a bloated, soft appearance).  In a western diet there is no need to add salt to your food...anything processed is already loaded with salt
Surgery done 18th March 2008

Offline Copespo

• Gold Member

If you can't taste salt then why do you put it on your food? It has no nutritional value - just hardens your arteries and makes you retain water (giving you a bloated, soft appearance).  In a western diet there is no need to add salt to your food...anything processed is already loaded with salt
well its not like i cant taste it at all...but lets just say if someone eats something with 1 teaspoons of salt I need 3 for it to taste salty...

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024