Author Topic: any good doctors in nash.  (Read 1802 times)

Offline dandaman

Hello everyone. I sure am glad to find this site. I have been all over trying to find people that I feel comfortable talking about this. You know as well as I that unless you have this condition, it is hard to describe what it does to you mentally. I have some questions that I hope someone has the answers to. I am a 40 year old man that is on a hormone replacement therapy program. I got the gyno sometime into the program. I'm not even sure it was the program, or that it was that time in my life to get it. I remember having it when I was young and it going away. I am very active, going to the gym at least 3-4 times a week. I know that it started with the puffy water- like nipples and progressed into the breast gland. I tried to stop or reverse the process by using several things. DIM was said to be good but did not work for me.  Since I was going through a hormone program the doctors checked my blood for hormone levels and found that my body converts testosterone to estrogen very easy. Estrogen is the reason for the gyno. I was prescribed Anastrozole to keep the conversion from happening any more. I believe this worked, but does not reverse the effects. I then started taking Tamoxifin. It has been known to reverse the gyno in body Builders. It helped a little, but  I believe, and have heard once the breast tissue is formed there is know way to get rid of it without surgery.
  Now you know a little about me. Here is some questions I hope someone can answer. I,ve been looking for a place that does the surgery for under $3000.00. I live in the Nashville, Tn. area. Does anyone have any info? Also, I have heard that instead of cutting at the nipple, they can come from under the armpit with a small incision. Cutting at the nipple seams like old school way of female breast implants. There usually a very visible scar. Does anyone know who does this type of procedure? I don't have great credit, and don't know if someplace does in house financing, because I really want to get this done.
  Thanks everyone. look forward to your replies.  dan ps. if anyone gets this, can you tell me how to get it to the right forum.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2008, 12:00:06 PM by dandaman »

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024