Author Topic: New Member...Severe Case (I think)  (Read 2976 times)

Offline dandanholt

Hello. This is my first post and I am really nervous. I have felt like a freak for most of my life and discovered this group after seeing a documentary recently. I am 38 years old and have lived with breast all my life. I am scared of surgery, but I am tired of living like a freak also. I guess everyone asks for ratings on here so you can give me your ratings as well. Any advice of how to move forward would be great. Thanks! Please be kind...I am kinda fragile right now about my body and just want some good advice from a safe source. This seemed like the best place.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2008, 09:49:34 PM by dandanholt »

Offline Copespo

• Gold Member
Yes that is a severe case, I dont know how much you weight but it seems like you are obese and that your obesity is the main contributer to the problem. I dont mean to be harsh or a A-Hole but surgery in that case cant make the whole thing flat as a board. One reason is because if you take out all the fat from your chest the rest of your body will look very weird, and second there would be lots of hanging skin. The best thing to do is go on a diet, lose lots of weight and then go for a consultation with a good surgeon since you dont want anyone to handle that. I saw a show the other day on Oprah I believe and there was a man about your size, but smaller chest size who wanted to get surgery to shrink his gyne. THe surgery was performed but lets say his problem presented in percent was 90%, the surgeon could only do so much and shrink the chest to a percent of 50%. The man still had "breasts", just smaller ones.

Lose 10 (kg) by August... Achieved
Lose 5 (kg) by Mid-September.....Achieved
Gain 20 (lb) in Muscle by December.......Achieved, Gained 24lb in Muscle
Gynecomastia Consultation October 17, 08......Complete

Surgery Completed January 8th, 2009 with Dr. Elliot Jacobs in NYC!

Offline leafhead

• Posting Member
Hi dandanholt.
Best thing for you to do would be to see a PS. Many of us have had the surgery, and have also lived with this our whole lives..... but NONE of us are experts on the subject and shouldn't be offering in-depth advice. There are a few PS that visit the site, and offer advice... but in all honesty, a Doctor would need to see you in person to properly evaluate you.
Talking about it and building a comfort level is a good step. Next, you'll need to find a Plastic Surgeon. This site is a good resource for that.....

Best of luck.. We're routing for ya!

Offline Gyno 44

• Silver Member
nows the time to change your diet and become healthy, otherwise your looking at a shorter life then most with a lot of health issues. You can do it.

Offline Personal1

• Bronze Member
Yeah dude, keep your head up and try to eat healthy foods. I'm sure it will improve if you shed a few pounds!

Good luck man

Offline Spleen

I'm gonna agree; the breast issue looks trivial compared to your overall fitness/weight.  Get your mind right, start taking care of yourself, and re-evaluate when you're a healthier weight.  Best of luck.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024