Author Topic: Considering surgery (Cruise Plastic Surgery). Advice?  (Read 1837 times)

Offline cricardo

• Posting Member
Okay, so I have gynecomastia. Nipples are puffy and have a wide diameter, and of course there is the "bulky breast" thing. I am slightly overweight, but what I have is not proportional to my obesity. Besides, when I was thinner it was there also. I am considering going to Cruise Plastic Surgery in Newport Beach, CA (Dr. Dr. Cruise). First of all, has anyone had the procedure with this doctor?  Please give any feedback.
Now for my questions regarding the procedure. I will greatly appreciate any feedback anyone might have.

- The doctor said they would remove breast tissue. Is this the same as "glandular tissue" that I have been reading about?  Is this a permanant fix to the problem?  Is it possible to get rid of this tissue any other way than surgery?
- What is it like immediately after the surgery?  How is the first night? The next day? What sort of changes to ones lifestyle must be made during this initial phase of recovery?
- How long before the effects are noticable?  What is the complete healing process like, and how long does it take?
- How much pain is there initially, and what is it like?  How long before it subsides?
- Has anyone had one of these surgeries go wrong?  Please elaborate.
- What is the average price (US done in the States) for this surgery?  Has anyone had their medical insurance cover it?
- One of my main concerns is the diameter of the nipple. The doctor said this would be taken care of after the liposuction and tissue removal, is this true? I mean, it would be great to have flat breasts, but I don't want a wide nipple afterwards, and this is a concern as much as the big breasts. Are there doctors that do procedures to reduce the size of the nipple, and if so, any in Southern California?
- On the subject of Southern California, does anyone recommend a particular plastic surgeon in this area to perform this procedure?

Any stories, feedback, advice would be greatly appreciated. I really want to get this done, but I want to be properly informed before doing so.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024