Author Topic: Wish me luck!!  (Read 7113 times)

Offline cancerian2u

• Posting Member
Wish me Luck!!..the time has come and the hour has struck...i have my surgery on Friday (09/05)....however i have couple of questions haunting me...
1. Will i be able to do my basic stuff after the surgery..brushing my teeth, eating, using toilet paper etc.,??
2. My Dr said that he would first do lipo and if the fiberous tissue is still stubborn, he would make an incision and remove it out. Anybody had the fiburous tissue removed just by Lipo? Please advise me....

I will share my pics with you all after my surgery.....

Thanks in advance... ;D

Offline broadsidebrother

• Bronze Member
Do not do the surgery unless he does excision of the gland as well, make sure you order him to take it out along with lipo. If you dont your going to still have puffy nipples and will have to go for a revison. Trust me tell him to remove the gland by incision as well.

Offline cancerian2u

• Posting Member
Thanks broh!! I will talk to my Dr. tomorrow....thats exactly what i thought but then he showed me some pictures where he said he did only lipo....those guys in the pictures had big boobs before lipo and looked pretty flat after lipo....he said he never had to do incision...
Anyway thanks for your advise, i will talk to him again about this...

Offline sasidon

• Bronze Member
yes...if u take only lipo....then i guess there r chances for its rebound if v put on weight....so better talk to ur doc....

and coming to ur questionn..

//1. Will i be able to do my basic stuff after the surgery..brushing my teeth, eating, using toilet paper etc.,??//

it all varies from person to person...
but basic stuff...yea...u should be able to do them from day 2....

all the best...and come to other side of "it" soon... :)
**Surgery done @ Appollo chennai**
Surgeon : Dr K Ramachandran

Surgery exp : http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=15201.0
Pics : http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=15513.0
**Pretty happy with the results...**
"All you need is to be mentally strong with enough financial support...get them off"

Offline broadsidebrother

• Bronze Member
Dont do it unless it takes out the gland, it will save you trouble in the future.

Offline Spike01

I had the surgery on Monday, Sept. 1.  I opted to have it done at the Dr.'s clinic rather than the hospital because it was a couple thousand cheaper.  I arrived at 7:45 and was prepped for surgery at about 9.  It took 1 1/2 hours and he removed 400 cc of fat from each breast.  I did not have any gland tissue removed because there was none to remove.  It was all fat and this was verified by the mammogram I had done a month prior.  They released me at approximately 7 PM on Monday evening but I had drainage tubes.  I returned to the clinic by taxi last night (Tuesday evening) to have the drainage tubes removed.  This was the first time I saw my chest after the surgery and I couldn't believe it.  What a difference!  The Dr. said it will take approx. 3 months before everything returns to normal but there shouldn't be much difference from the way it looked last night.  The first evening home, with the help of pain killers, I was able to cook, brush my teeth, etc.  I would describe the pain as if somebody had pounded on my chest but it's not constant.  I feel it most when I try to get in and out of bed.  It's bearable but again the pills help. The Dr. said it would take 10 days for the pain to subside but each day will get progressively better.  The compression vest pulls up under the arms and that can be irritating but even at my worst moments, this ordeal has been well worth it!  I hope this helps.  Again, keep in mind I only had lipo. 
« Last Edit: September 03, 2008, 01:02:04 PM by Spike01 »

Offline broadsidebrother

• Bronze Member
Everyone has the glands, if you get the surgery done you should have them cut out no matter what. Well thats what I find from my research ive done.

Offline tttdone

• Bronze Member
Everyone has the glands, if you get the surgery done you should have them cut out no matter what. Well thats what I find from my research ive done.

from what ive heard, you only have the glands if you have true gynecomastia... if someone is overweight they can develope something called psuedogynecomastia which is basically just excess fat on your chest but no breast tissue. If this is the case, then i dont think there would be any problem with lipo only. but if you do have true gynecomastia, and there is breast tissue in there, you should probably get excision too. you should be able to feel the breast tissue if you have it, it is a firm disc feeling object under your nipple
Surgery on 8/20/2008

Offline Spike01

Trust me, I only needed fat removed.  I did not/do not have an issue with the glands.  Perhaps there is a differentiation between different types of enlarged male breasts.  I have had this problem since my late teens.  I am now 54 years old.  I have never been obese.  I am 5' 11" tall and have always been relatively fit.  In recent years I did put on weight and was about 190 lbs. earlier in the summer.  Prior to having the surgery this past Monday, I'd dropped to 174 lbs. which is in the ideal weight range for somebody my height.  I dropped the weight by eating healthier and intend to continue to do so.  I didn't have to go on some drastic diet.  The decrease in weight has allowed me to reduce my BP medication.  In fact, my Dr. thinks that I might be able to come off it completely.  It's only been 4 days but I can tell you that I am extremely pleased with the results thus far.  My plastic surgeon is one of the best in France and I trust him.  If he'd felt I needed glands reduced/removed, he certainly would have done it.

Offline broadsidebrother

• Bronze Member
Everyones bodys different, the mojority of people that had only lipo werent happy with the outcome. If you dont get the gland taken out then you have a good chance of having puffy nipples after the surgery.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Luck dude!  ;)

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline cancerian2u

• Posting Member
Thanks everyone for the feed back. its 11.88 pm. I will be in the hospital tomorrow by 8.00 am. My surgery is at 10 am. I will talk to my Dr and insist on the expected results. I will also tell him that i have done a lot of home work and read everywhere that excision with lipo yields better results.  It s then upto him...i just don't want to fight with him just before the surgery ;D....Will share my pics as soon as i get my drains out....thanks everyone...

Offline cancerian2u

• Posting Member
Sorry i meant 11.58 pm

Offline Jdowg

• Bronze Member
I hope you have good results. Just go over the procedure with your doctor before/after surgery just to make sure. Im getting mine in less than 2 months, Just as excited as you are! Good luck!!!

Offline cancerian2u

• Posting Member
Guys!! the surgery went good. Only Lipo was done. Dr. said i have a flat chest now. I have the drains which will be removed on monday. I have seen my chest in mirror with the jacket on, it's little transperent i can clearly notice that my chest is flat. I can't wait to see it without jacket.

The surgery took around 2 hours. Earlier to surgery, i told my Dr that  i have read so many articles and most of the articles say that with out excision of gland, one can't get a flat chest. Dr said with his hand on my head "TRUST ME". He said he would perform Lipo first and if he feels that the fiberous tissue is still there, he would do excision.

I was in a great pain yesterday for about 5 hours. The pain killers alliviated pain a little. I am still on the pain killers. This compression jacket is little uncomfortable. But the joy of imagining myself with a flat chest is dominating my pain. ;D.
Whenever i am in pain i am thinking of myself without a shirt on in a beach. Trust me this helps!!

I will post my pics on monday, once these drains are removed....thanks everyone..

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024