Author Topic: Stitching of the areola  (Read 6188 times)

Offline ddrop

• Bronze Member
I went for a chekup after 4 months and the doc said that the gyno was gone. However my nipples/areola are still somewhat puffy. He told me if i wanted he could do some kind of stitching of the areola so it assumes a normal shape.  Could someone please explain to me this procedure?

DrBermant

I went for a chekup after 4 months and the doc said that the gyno was gone. However my nipples/areola are still somewhat puffy. He told me if i wanted he could do some kind of stitching of the areola so it assumes a normal shape.  Could someone please explain to me this procedure?

Posting Standard After Gynecomastia Pictures can help other better understand your concerns.  Asking your own doctor to better explain something you do not understand makes much more sense than asking on a forum.

I see many patients who complain of residual Puffy Nipple Gynecomastia after another doctor's surgery.  There are many possible problems causing such a deformity.  The most common is remaining gland behind the areola as seen in these Anatomy of Puffy Nipple Drawings.  Check out the images with the link for remaining gland after surgery to see what I mean.  Options depend on the problem to be treated which we help patients explore during a consultation or a Preliminary Remote Discussion.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Revision Gynecomastia and Chest Surgery

Offline istillgotit

• Posting Member

Posting Standard After Gynecomastia Pictures can help other better understand your concerns.  Asking your own doctor to better explain something you do not understand makes much more sense than asking on a forum.

I see many patients who complain of residual Puffy Nipple Gynecomastia after another doctor's surgery.  There are many possible problems causing such a deformity.  The most common is remaining gland behind the areola as seen in these Anatomy of Puffy Nipple Drawings.  Check out the images with the link for remaining gland after surgery to see what I mean.  Options depend on the problem to be treated which we help patients explore during a consultation or a Preliminary Remote Discussion.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD

Dr. Bermant, with all due respect, why do you almost always post very non specific answers on this board?  Obviously, you don' t know someone's exact situation, but they are asking questions on this board because there are alot of incompetent doctors out there and some double checking of the info. received from a given doctor is somewhat reassuring to most of us.

If you could please speculate on the subject of this post it would be appreciated.   I too would like to know the answer to this question.  Thanks in advance.

DrBermant

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD

Dr. Bermant, with all due respect, why do you almost always post very non specific answers on this board?  Obviously, you don' t know someone's exact situation, but they are asking questions on this board because there are alot of incompetent doctors out there and some double checking of the info. received from a given doctor is somewhat reassuring to most of us.

If you could please speculate on the subject of this post it would be appreciated.   I too would like to know the answer to this question.  Thanks in advance.

Not all doctors have the same skills nor offer the same methods.  I have posted many examples of my results before and after surgery to demonstrate my techniques and what I offer.  Before selecting any surgeon, a thourough investigation about what that doctor offers is very important.  Check out this post on how to select a gynecomastia plastic surgeon:

http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=16474.0

Specific answers are best explored during a consultation or preliminary remote discussion where appropriate information can be gathered to establish a doctor patient relationship.  That is the standard I helped evolve while on the Educational Technology Committee of the American Society of Plastic Surgery for doctors helping on forums on the internet.  That is still the advice of Risk Management of Malpractice Carriers. 

It is a matter of practicing safe medicine for the patients best interest.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction

Offline glandular

• Posting Member
  • I'm a medical student in Chicago, IL

If the areola is still puffy, that probably means there is excess glandular tissue lying above the scar tissue and adipose tissue. As for stitching of the areola, I have no clue what that means. Have the areolas expanded in circumference?

Offline istillgotit

• Posting Member

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD

Not all doctors have the same skills nor offer the same methods.  I have posted many examples of my results before and after surgery to demonstrate my techniques and what I offer.  Before selecting any surgeon, a thourough investigation about what that doctor offers is very important.  Check out this post on how to select a gynecomastia plastic surgeon:

http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=16474.0

Specific answers are best explored during a consultation or preliminary remote discussion where appropriate information can be gathered to establish a doctor patient relationship.  That is the standard I helped evolve while on the Educational Technology Committee of the American Society of Plastic Surgery for doctors helping on forums on the internet.  That is still the advice of Risk Management of Malpractice Carriers. 

It is a matter of practicing safe medicine for the patients best interest.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction
ng
Dr. Bermant, have you ever heard of stitching the areola to improve shape?

Offline ddrop

• Bronze Member
There is no left tissue, but the skin of the nipple is pretty loose (just like with people who were really fat and then suddenly lost weight). So basicly now i have excess nipple skin. but i still dont understand how this stitching procedure is done

DrBermant

There is no left tissue, but the skin of the nipple is pretty loose (just like with people who were really fat and then suddenly lost weight). So basicly now i have excess nipple skin. but i still dont understand how this stitching procedure is done

Excess Skin on the Male Chest and Skin Reduction Options are problems that compromise becomes an issue.  Such issues are best answered by the surgeon who proposed the operation.  For our patients, we help them explore their options during a consultation.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD

Offline ddrop

• Bronze Member
My surgeon told me he would make 2 stitches around my areola so he would make internal scars in the areola so the areola would shrink and tighten.
Any more info about this kind of method?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024