Author Topic: What's an ideal weight before surgery?  (Read 3254 times)

Offline robinho5

Hey guys, I'm booked in for surgery in a few weeks and now starting to panic as i think im still abit flabby!! I'm currently 5'11, 180lbs and according to those BMI calculators im just overweight!! Will this affect my resullt much??? And should i try and lose as much weight as possible in preperation for the big day!!?? Please help as ive forked out a 4 grand for this and need some reassurance :P

Also big thanks to EVERYONE here who posts...youve changed my life for the better, cheers!

Offline cecly

• Silver Member
That should be fine, you PS would have let you know any concerns. I was 74kg and 183cm when i had my surgery.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2008, 08:22:22 PM by cecly »

Offline hyperballad

• Posting Member
Well BMI isn't always right because it doesn't account for muscle mass. It could say bodybuilder is obese.
Just ask your doctor, I bet you're fine though. Losing weight (in a normal healthy way of course) wouldn't hurt if you felt like it lol.
Goodluck ~~~

Offline Dr. Cruise

• Supporting Doctors
  • Gold Member
  • Dr. Cruise
    • http://lagynecomastia.org/
I tell each one of my patients that there is no 'ideal weight' but that you should be within 20 lbs of the weight that you want to be for the ideal results. If you are planning on losing a large amount of weight after the surgery, it could result in loose skin and compromise your result. My best advice would be to east as healthy as possible and workout as you normally do. Do not try to lose weight to the extreme as that is not healthy in a short period of time.
Dr. Cruise
Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
2081 San Joaquin Hills Road
Newport Beach, CA 92660
949-644-4808
Before and After Pictures
Types of Gynecomastia

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024