Author Topic: My gyne is gone! I still can't believe it... (several Pre and Post-Op pics)  (Read 4552 times)

Offline jster

• Posting Member
Hello everyone... Well I am just thrilled with the results of my recent surgery ten days ago.  I was prepared to be a little disappointed but it definitely turned out better than I thought it would.  I'll admit, I spent some time today going through my closet and trying on shirts that I could never wear before but fit so well now.  I know it's still early and there is only a little underlying scar tissue that has formed under my arms at the moment, but I can't imagine enough scar tissue growing to make my condition look as bad as it was before.  My ps said I don't have to wear the compression vest 24/7 anymore so I wear it at night and at times during the morning when I'm in school.  Swelling has gone down a lot, but I'll keep taking bromelain and arnica montana for a few more days.  Although it still feels very tight and hurts a little to raise my arms I'm carefully stretching my range of motion every day and will switch to wearing a underworks concealer once my order arrives.  I'll try to keep you all updated! 

If you would like to read a little more about my surgery in my initial post, follow this link:  http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=16258.0

Here are the pics!  (Could someone please tell me how to post pics as clickable thumbnails like most people do?)  All I know how to do is use the img tags that display the full sized picture on the page.

« Last Edit: December 09, 2008, 08:58:16 PM by jster »

Offline Pacifico

• Silver Member

Offline JTFiveG

• Posting Member
Check out my surgery Pre and Post Op pics

http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=16185.0

Offline jster

• Posting Member
Thanks guys...I just hope that those who are contemplating having the surgery but worried about the risks/scars/etc, will choose to go ahead and get it done.  It's amazing to have been trying to get rid of this problem for years by hard exercise routines and every other trick in the book and then suddenly bam!  It's gone!   ;D

Offline trojan213

• Bronze Member
Damn man. Those results are inspiring... I need to find the time to get this done!

Offline Dave_8

• Gold Member
Nice results. School and every single day are going to be a lot easier now.
If you have gyne, dont expect not be laughed at.

Just like if you walk into a locker room, you're gonna see some hairy asses and dicks.

Unfortunately for me, both have occured in my life way too many times.

Offline ineedsurgery

• Bronze Member
man it looks great now, i bet your happy. you should be. i have to wait until i get my tax return in a few months to get my surgery. hope mine comes out as great as yours did. which doc? price? if you dont mind. thanks

Offline jster

• Posting Member
Appreciate the comments everyone...

Yes Dave, school has already been a lot easier.  I didn't plan during what time of the year to have my surgery but I am very glad it was done during Thanksgiving...(Although I wasn't too thankful for those drains that first week, I have much to be thankful for now.)  So this gives me plenty of time to heal and by next summer, I'll actually be able to enjoy the beach!  After moving to California this summer, I didn't even go to the beach once with my friends because of the gyne. 

In response to ineedsurgery, as I stated in my original post, the conditions of my surgery were atypical in that my ps offered to do the surgery for free since I was a med student (although other plastic surgeons I consulted with were not so generous).  I'm sure it would be quite a compliment to post his name here, but I just wasn't sure if he would want me to advertise that or not.  Anyway..all I paid in total was the anesthesia and facility fees which came to $1600.   And that included 2 compression vests.  (surgeon's fees alone were supposed to be $2300)  After having my surgery, I have definitely been inspired to consider going into plastics as a speciality...don't think my grades are competitive enough though...  :)

And a small update.  I ordered the biodermis silicone gel sheets and have been wearing them on the areola and lower scars and they are definitely flattening and healing faster...I'm now exactly 2 weeks post op. 
« Last Edit: December 09, 2008, 09:25:25 PM by jster »

Offline Jezz

• Posting Member
And a small update.  I ordered the biodermis silicone gel sheets and have been wearing them on the areola and lower scars and they are definitely flattening and healing faster...I'm now exactly 2 weeks post op. 

Interesting, where can I get info and ordering info?

Offline jster

• Posting Member
I found a link to the merchant's webpage on Dr. Bermant's site.  http://www.plasticsurgery4u.com/web_links_folder/scar_web.html 

I have no idea why silicon gel sheets are so ridiculously priced, but they definitely work in preventing raised scars in my opinion.  I also used them on a keloid scar on my back several years ago.  I just cut up the sheets to fit the scars so the one order should last me several months if I was to use them that long. 

Offline Pacifico

• Silver Member
Again, thanks for your post.  Hope those grades are good enough for PS speciality, because you, I am sure, would make a Dr. many of us would feel great about working with!!!  Enjoy your ultra bright future!! 

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024