Author Topic: So my surgery is in a few hours  (Read 2693 times)

Offline Therealsteve

• Posting Member
Its almost 10:00AM, I'm set to leave to the surgical center at 11:00AM and arrive at 1:00 AM. Needless to say, now that the day is here, I am quite nervous of the whole operation. In my case, I dont so much have gyne, but excess skin from a huge weight loss where a mastopexy is needed to get rid of the excess tissue and reposition the areola. My condition has been keeping my confidence down for about 8 years now... not a day went by without me feeling all conscious about my chest, and now the day is here and I'm just a little skeptical about it all... really bizarre lol.

I have before pics, and hopefully I'll have some worthy after to show the community. My surgeon is John Burnett of Fresno, and I have all the confidence in the world with him. I'm pretty sure he knows my vision, what I'm after, but I'm going to reiterate it today.

Wish me luck guys, this is a huge step for me, and I hope its a forward one!

Any tips on anything last minute I should check or should mention to the doctor?

Offline Dave_8

• Gold Member
Sorry I got no tips, but hope all goes well for you. Keep us posted on your progress.
If you have gyne, dont expect not be laughed at.

Just like if you walk into a locker room, you're gonna see some hairy asses and dicks.

Unfortunately for me, both have occured in my life way too many times.

Offline Therealsteve

• Posting Member
Just got back home from the surgery! I'm thrilled... even despite the real thick bandage on my chest, I can tell my thick chest is no more :D. I can kinda feel over the bandage and they definitely flattened it out. After this thursday, I will post 3 day post op pics along with my before picks.

Dr. Burnett of Fresno said everything went as planned. The nurses and anesthesiologist were extremely nice and funny, making me feel very comfortable. Before I knew it, I woke up in the post op room with my parents by my beside :)

Even though I'm not fat really (190 lbs and 6'0, much weight coming from muscle mass), I had to have some lipo done on the sides (under the armpits) of my chest. It was always fat I could never  burn off for whatever reason. He made a cut around the areola's and straight down (he gave me the option of possibly just cutting around the areola instead of making an incision straight down, but he said the consequence could possibly be less tissue removed, and I would have elongated "oval" areolas. I wanted to keep the same shape).

My problem wasn't so much gynecomastia, but rather just a lot of excess skin that "drooped" my chest severely. As the procedure called for, I had a male mastopexy.

To anyone who reads this thread in the future, I've noticed there's a huge concern about pain when skin and breast tissue are BOTH taken out. I'm sure I'll be sorer tommorow, but as far as it goes right now, the pain feels like you burned out on push-ups and it kinda just sticks with you; overall not to bad! I wouldn't let the pain be the deciding factor in going against surgery, in other words.

I'm hoping for the best results and that everything looks well when I take the bandage off.

I can't thank gynecomastia.org enough for being my central hub in a place to educate and communicate with fellow people with the same types of conditions, emotions, and experiences :)

Offline Dave_8

• Gold Member
Congrats on the surgery man!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024