Author Topic: My 60 year story  (Read 4182 times)

Offline panhead

I first noticed my breasts about the time I started looking at girls breasts, age 12.  I didn't suffer any teasing in school because in those days we did not have gym classes so I didn't have to take off my shirt.  That changed when I moved and started high school, we had gym class 4 days a week.  I was called every girls name in the book, whistled at and had a bra hung on my locker door.  I went out for football just to prove that I was indeed a male.  My social life was nill, I didn't have a real date until after high school, that was 1957.  I enlisted in the Marine Corps rather than be drafted.  During boot camp the DI's would make fun of me on a regular basis.  One incident I remember like it was yesterday, the DI came up to me as I stood in formation, shirtless, grabbed the nipple of my right breast between his thumb and finger and squeezed until I ended up on the ground begging for him to let go.  I was told many times that I should be in the WAM's, that is where the girls were.  After the Marines I got married and everything was fine for a little while until my wife made the comment one day. "I should get you a bra, your bigger than me."  I am still married to her, but I can truthfully say that her comment hurt me more than anything anyone has ever said to me.  I held one of her bras up to myself one time, she was right I could fill her 'A' cup with some left over.  I have gone through life never taking my shirt off, wearing loose fitting clothes and doing everything to hide my big boobs.  It was very embarrassing to have a nurse pull up my boobs to put heart monitor stickers on me when I had my heart attack last March.  She didn't say anything, she was very professional, but it still embarrassed me.  I have since lost almost 50 pounds but nothing off my boobs.  I ride my bicycle about 25 miles a day and participate in 100 mile rides and I'm in pretty good physical shape for someone 69 years old, but I still can't wear the tight fitting bike shirts.  It is a real shame I didn't know about the surgery years ago.  I think surgery is out of the question now, family just wouldn't understand.

Offline determineddude

Mate, i can relate to the mental anguish and hard times that you have had. If i was in your position i would defently atleast see your local doctor just to get abit off your mind. It may be the first step to a following of the best years in your life. Also be frank with your wife and let her know that even though her comment was in jest, it has been something that you have dealt with all your life, and with her help can overcome. That will only strengthen the tie between you too.

All the best.

Offline panhead

Thanks for the comments.  I sat down with my wife the day after my original post and talked about her comment made 45 years ago.  She had no idea that it hurt me so much because I never said anything about it.  She says that she doesn't think my boobs are that big and that it is all in my head, she may be right.  I thought about talking to my doctor but he would just want to send me for a 100 different tests to tell what I already know.  I think one reason why I am seeing more growth is because I had prostate cancer and had the prostate removed in 2001.  Another reason I do not want surgery is because I have been cut on enough, 2 back operations, 1 shoulder operation and prostate surgery, plus eye surgery and 5 stents after the heart attack.  I don't do well being put under for surgery, my blood pressure drops too low, I almost died during the shoulder surgery.  I think I have gotten to the point that I don't care what people say about "that guy with the boobs", I don't know them and they sure as hell don't know me.  I one time heard a girl say when she was caught without her clothes, "I'm proud of everything I have and I don't care who see it.", that is the way I am going to face life from now on.  As far as those people who snicker an make remarks, I think they must be jealous, they just wish they were as well endowed. :D  I am going to try to make the most of the time I have left.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
We have a similar history. I'm 71, graduated from High School in 1955, avoided the draft by enlisting in the USAF, And as a young man I once dated a very cute young lady who had breasts smaller than mine. Like you, I am no longer a good candidate for elective surgery either.

While surgery to reduce male breasts has been around for a long time, the methods have changed considerably. I'm not sure you'd really have been very happy with the kind of results that were common fifty years ago. When I see pictures of some of the men who had breast reduction using those old methods, I am glad that I did not take that option.

The current surgical methods are very safe and the results are very good when the procedure is performed by an experienced and well qualified surgeon.

At our age, we have a great deal to contribute in the way of support for younger men who suffer now as we have for so long. Start with your sons and/or grandsons. While I'm not sure how much genetics plays a part in Gynecomastia the condition does not simply run in my family, It gallops. Perhaps if we are more open about the condition, we can make life more tolerable for the next generation.

Welcome aboard!
Grandpa Dan

Offline panhead

Since my original post I have been doing a lot of thinking about this gynecomastia thing and I have come to a couple of conclusions.  Everyone is built different, for example my grandson has what is called a pigeon chest, the breast bone protrudes.  He was very upset about it and went to the Dr. only to find out that the surgery is very dangerous and the results can vary, he decided to leave it alone.  I watch TV and see people out and about, all types of breasts on both men and women, no two the same and they don't seem to care.  Where is it written that only women should have breasts?  Even animals differ, I had a male Doberman with very defined teets while a friend had the same breed male and nothing showed.  I have seen girls and women who were as flat as a surf board, does that mean there was something wrong with them?  I don't think so, we are each unique and therefore we are each normal, it is what is in the heart and mind that counts in the end.
This may not make sense and I may very well be dead wrong but I prefer to think of myself as normal in every way.  Just my 2 cents. 

Offline Pacifico

• Silver Member
Yes all of us are normal.  In fact gyne is normal, period.  Good attitude!

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Perhaps we should suggest that flat chested men should get implants so they will look "normal" to us.

Offline Pacifico

• Silver Member
Funny you mention it, because men do get surgery to make their chests bigger!!!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024