Author Topic: Finally Having Surgery On Wednesday 1/14/09 Please Read/Post  (Read 3373 times)

Offline BroWithGyno

• Posting Member

Hello Everyone, I'd Like To Announce I Will Be having Surgery On Wednesday (1/14/09) i'm 20 years old I have been trolling these forums now for the past 2 1/2 years and am very very grateful and thankful for all the information and sense of comfort i have been accustomed to on these forums Thank You Merle, The Surgeons, Grandpa bambu, Paa_Paw, Headheldhigh01, and many more. My gynecomastia life story is similar to many of you but I Will save that for a different post/topic if anyone is interested beeing that now since i've made a username everyone will be hearing/reading more from me because i plan on staying around after my surgery posting/answering questions to help out as much as i can because this site has done so much for me its time for me to give something back.  I am located in Connecticut USA i'm somewhat muscular about 5'6 and my gynecomastia is not too bad but noticeable with close observation of the chest only with a t -shirt on though, some gland more prominent on my left breast/chest ,the total cost of my surgery is $5,675 it was more but i got 10% off for beeing a college student i am a sophmore (ask your surgeons if they offer a student rate or discount don't be shy) If any are wondering how I saved up the money for this, all i did was save save save last summer all i did was stack my money and worked hard didn't buy any luxury items only absolute needs not wants now a days theres a fine line so (learn the difference) I kept in mind what I was working for and read succesful/ positive posts on here to keep me motivated, making the first thousand or so was the hard part the rest will follow alot easier trust me its not that hard to save this money not to mention i was getting minimum wage "7.65" an hour also my technique i would save my checks not cash them right away and make big deposits it was easier for me to save money that way, oh and be frugal.

$5,675 is the total cost not including pain killer meds which i got today wich were about $30. I will Be Having excision "and" lipo under general anesthesia i would highly recomend getting the excision also especially if you have gland IMO lipo alone dosen't do the trick its only a quick fix the results will not last and your problem will soon return and you may require a revision. I Will be posting both pre and post opp pictures so stay tuned. Well In Conclusion thank you everybody and I've been waiting to say this for a long time.....See You On The Other Side..... Hopefully This Will Be The Start Of A Great New Year And Very Very Good Summer!!!

Offline dondante

• Gold Member

Offline Pacifico

• Silver Member

Offline BroWithGyno

• Posting Member

Offline BroWithGyno

• Posting Member

Offline iFlow

• Posting Member
Congrats dude.

I'm in a very similar case as you. Same age and same year in college. I didn't have surgery yet. To be honest, I do not know when the day will ever come that I'll get the surgery, but I think about it so much. Your post about your surgery though is like a good inspiration and way to keep me on track to somehow get the surgery. I'm looking forward to your pre-op and post-op pics.

Offline Jock

• Silver Member
Took the plunge and had consultation with Dr. Karidis 7th January 2009.
Surgery 26th February 2009.
Just wish I'd been able to do this years ago.

http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=17004.0

Offline BroWithGyno

• Posting Member
The surgery went well "Jock" one minute i was awake talking to the aneisthia doctor around 9:45 a.m. next minute i woke up in the recovery room around 12:30 a.m it felt as if i blinked my eyes than woke up in the recovery room 2 hours or so later and  "iFlow" im glad i was an inspiration thats exactly why i decided to stick around these forms to help others out who were once in my shoes also be persistant my friend and all will go well you'll have your surgery and after my first post opp visit i will post my before and after pics, thank you all

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Congrats on your surgery dude!!!

Wow.... you saved $5675 on $7.65/hr. You can do anything you put you mind to...  A truly inspirational story my man!

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline dondante

• Gold Member
Hey man, how's your first day post-op going? Have you had a chance to see your results yet? A piece of advice, try to take pics of yourself today so that you will have a basis for comparison if and when post-op swelling starts to set in.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024