Author Topic: Are you losing the motivation to workout??  (Read 8161 times)

Offline helloHELLO

• Silver Member
is anyone losing the drive to exercise like i have this month.  most of us want to look our best for the summer but find it difficult to gain motivation during the winter to workout. i've been using the "i'm going to be wearing a jacket and/or sweater" excuse all month.

to be 100% honest, i haven't had the same drive since i had my gyne removed.

if anyone is interested, i was thinking that we can use each other as motivation during the tough times. similar to workout buddies.
we can post our progress and even pictures, and even push each other.

we can even make it a challenge, but i don't know what the prize could be lol.

if anyone is interested just post in here we can start something

Offline cecly

• Silver Member
Start a routine and go to the gym?
« Last Edit: January 16, 2009, 10:45:07 PM by cecly »

Offline Aperture

• Silver Member
I'm so motivated since my op.  Surgery was just a stepping stone for me, i need to get into shape to reach my goal.  Find some winter running gear.  Once i get running, the cold doesn't make much of a difference to me.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
To be 100% honest, i haven't had the same drive since i had my gyne removed.

Same here dude...   :-\

Just prior to my surgery (4 years ago), I was 196 lbs. Now I'm 241. Jan 1st I was 248.

if anyone is interested, i was thinking that we can use each other as motivation during the tough times. similar to workout buddies. We can post our progress and even pictures, and even push each other. We can even make it a challenge, but i don't know what the prize could be lol.

Great idea!  I'm in...  I've lost 7 pounds so far since New Years!  ( Pat myself on the back... ;) )

Pics right now? Hmmm, I'll have to think about that a bit... It's not a pretty sight!   :o

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline iFlow

• Posting Member
With Gynecomastia it fudging sucks so fudging bad. It's almost depressing. Like working out and knowing no matter what, your chest will look like a female. Doing everything and every little tip to mask the problem.

Personally, after I get my gynecomastia surgery, it'll just give me more motivation to work out and transform my body. Every time I work out, I constantly think to myself, "OMFG if it weren't for these annoyances". It really sucks avoiding swimming, taking shirts off, and walking in the wind. Sometimes I'm just like "Fudge you wind" lol

Offline Jake

• Silver Member
  • My body is my temple.
I can sympathize with this.  I can't understand how I motivated myself throughout high school to get out and run.  Lost 15 lbs. one summer and got into really good shape even with my chest the way it was.  Went so far as to run down the road with my shirt off when I exercised.  But that was cause I knew no one would see me.  It did remind me though what it was like to have my shirt off outside and how good it feels.  I guess, looking back, I thank God for the freedom to be able to do such a thing.  Chalk up one benefit to living in the country.

But after my surgery, I did lose the will to exercise for the most part.  Now since I'm not seeing much change anymore from the Pre-Op I don't feel motivated at all.  It doesn't help that my small acne problem came back after being dormant for a couple years too.

But they'll go away eventually (whether they like it or not).  I know I'll find myself runnin' in the breeze again soon.   ;)

Good luck to you guys working out!
Had gynecomastia since age 12.
Surgery performed on July 18, 2008 by
Dr. Jeffrey Wagner in Indianapolis, IN.
(Excision and Liposuction)

"The heart moves on while the mind remembers."

Offline RandallH1989

Maybe if you can develop something in your physique you like, it will take the focus away from gynecomastia.  I.E. 6 pack abs or something.  Lose some fat!

Offline Grandpa Bambu

Maybe if you can develop something in your physique you like, it will take the focus away from gynecomastia.  I.E. 6 pack abs or something.  Lose some fat!

The problem there Randall, is that when you 'loose the fat', Gynecomastia becomes more prominent and causes more mental anguish.

You cannot exercise away Gynecomastia...

GB

Offline cm18

• Posting Member

The problem there Randall, is that when you 'loose the fat', Gynecomastia becomes more prominent and causes more mental anguish.

You cannot exercise away Gynecomastia...

GB

Very true
I just exercise & weigh lift so I won't gain back the 40 lbs I lost recently
I'm 5'6 180, I dont want to lose 10-20 more lbs because the Gyne will become more prominent

Offline helloHELLO

• Silver Member
congrats on the weightloss this month GB.  jan. 1st i was a healthy/muscular 195 pounds....when i weighed myself on friday i was 207 :\
my goal is to get down to 180-185 pounds, while adding more muscle, by june.
it's goin to be hard since junk food has become my new best friend this year

Offline Grandpa Bambu

I can easily pass on the j/f...  Beer is my vice....  :-\

GB

Offline confused_satisfaction

• Bronze Member
im still living at home and it sucks sometimes.. my mom has a sweettooth and will buy all these junk foods and such.. ive asked her not to buy chips anymore but she continued to do so.. i guess i cant take that away from the rest of my family..

about 4 years ago i weighed 270 and lost 50 lbs. thats when i figured about gyne; when i couldnt lose anything off of my chest. After going to about 220 and being 6'5, i realized there is nothing i could do about the gyne without surgery. At first the doctors told me to just lose weight (i guess expecting it to go away). Finally, I recently just had surgery. i am very excited to get back into the workout routine, since I dont really have anything 'holding me back' this time.

Motivation is easy to get, but hard to keep.. in my opinion. I can get my motivation by thinking about the summer and all the fun i will have.. in the winter though, i think that i have SOO much time that I can just do it later.. come summer time I think its too late and before I know it, its winter again.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024