Author Topic: Please rate my gyno.  (Read 5539 times)

Offline enter0868

I am 33, 183, 6'1.

Offline minnhelp

• Posting Member
Wow.. you're extent of gyne is pretty similar to mine, and according to my doc i was 5 on a scale of 10 and considered a minor case compared to typical case.

Offline enter0868

What did you decide in the end? surgery or not?

Offline minnhelp

• Posting Member
I ended up having a surgery and actually am 11 days post op.. Here are my 10 day post op pix.
http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=16684.0

Offline enter0868

Good for you! I have a few questions though:

- do you have pre-pics anywhere?

- also, when they did your surgery, did they also do lypo?

Offline minnhelp

• Posting Member
Unfortunately, I don't have any pre-op pictures at all... i just wanted to leave it behind me... But, trust me, my chest looked extremely similar to yours.
As far the surgery, I had glandular excision done but doc said that he had to do lypo-sculpting to smooth out the area around it... Mine was basically all breast tissue almost no fat, whch is weird bcuz i thought i sure had some fat but apparently not. Without lyposuction, it sure does save you some bills.

When and if you go to a doc for consultation they will be able to tell ya what you may need.

Offline charlie1821

• Posting Member
4/5 out of 10

Offline minnhelp

• Posting Member
Alan-There is no science, just a subjective guess based on your experience of what you've seen. My docs rating is probably based on what he sees everyday patients who come in for consultant and are of different variety, shape, and size..... some got fat, some big glandular tissue, some combo, some got big nipples, pointy nipples etc etc.... no way to judge

Offline minnhelp

• Posting Member
you can't in enter0868 or my case... we can get by without any female method (minor cases).. we don't need any bra and such in our case.
You probably wont bra for poking or puffy nipple, using tape etc is all that is needed... severity and type of gyne or in some cases psuedo-gyne (excess fat and not gland) can't all be equated as same and need bra....... but thats just my opinion...

Offline Jock

• Silver Member
I read recently that G is categorised into the following

Minor G accounts for 60 - 70% of the cases
Moderate accounts for 20 - 30%
Major about 10%

I checked that out when I was described by the doc as having a moderate case  :'(
Took the plunge and had consultation with Dr. Karidis 7th January 2009.
Surgery 26th February 2009.
Just wish I'd been able to do this years ago.

http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=17004.0

Offline charlie1821

• Posting Member
Alan, i'd rate yours a n 8-9. Pretty severe

That wasn't meant as an insult, just trying to give you some sort of comparison.

Offline cm18

• Posting Member
here,everyone has their own idea of what constitutes a 10 out of 10. This results in a totally meaningless method of measurement!

The rating is not a form of measurement, it's just someones opinion on how bad the gyne he/she thinks it is

I agree with Charlie, about 7-8

Offline davidrt

• Posting Member
Goodness, if I had a chest like yours I'd be proud. Your 'gyno' looks more like muscle with some softness round the nipple area. I'll post pics of my asymetric gynos soon so you can see what I have to endure. It's tough when you can't take your little girl swimming because of being seen 'topless' is so embarrassing.
davidrt  :)

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024