Author Topic: Tell me what you think...this is ruining my life  (Read 4659 times)

Offline helpmeplease

• Posting Member
Can anyone give me their opinion on how bad my case is and what it is going to take to fix this. it is really ruining my life and has been for years. i know i have gyne, since ive had it since junior high and had to live with the embarrassment. im afraid it is mostly non fatty tissue. i used to be 6'3 and 180 pounds and it looked bad then. i am now 21, still 6,3 and weigh 215 pounds and it still looks bad. any advice will help.
http://i589.photobucket.com/albums/ss334/skyaggie23/DSC00080-1.jpg

Offline helpmeplease

• Posting Member
i guess its just because ive had it for so long and been harassed about it a lot.i feel like i cant wear certain clothes for fear that someone might be able to see my chest sticking out from my shirt. im also a very athletic person and no matter how hard i work to improve my body my chest takes everything away from the good aspects. and it doesnt help that im surrounded by people that have perfect figures and flaunt it constantly. i guess it may not be ruining every part of my life, but i have to deal with it every day and i just want to look normal

Offline phxguy123

• Posting Member
I have a mild case of gyno, and what I've found helps with certain shirts is to wear a tight wife beater underneath.  Buy wifebeaters that are a few sizes too small, and it will pull things in.  It's an easy, cheap, and temporary cure for mild/moderate gyno.

Offline dondante

• Gold Member
helpmeplease,

I can totally see where your concern stems from looking at your pics. I'm slowly coming to the belief that there's no such thing as mild or severe gyne - in the physical sense. The mildness or severity comes down to the psychological toll it takes on sufferers, and you seem to be suffering from it. If that's the case, I highly recommend, if it is in your means, to take the steps necessary to rid yourself of it.

good luck,
dondante

Offline helpmeplease

• Posting Member
reading these posts is really helping a lot. up until my senior year in high school i had no idea this was even a common condition. I literally thought that i was the only person in the world that had this problem. and even after i learned what it was, i never talked to anyone else with the same problem. This is the first time i have ever discussed this with anyone at all, including family and doctors. Im resorting to drastic measures now having just put my car up for sale to afford an operation. can anyone tell me how much it is going to cost?

DrBermant

Can anyone give me their opinion on how bad my case is and what it is going to take to fix this. it is really ruining my life and has been for years. i know i have gyne, since ive had it since junior high and had to live with the embarrassment. im afraid it is mostly non fatty tissue. i used to be 6'3 and 180 pounds and it looked bad then. i am now 21, still 6,3 and weigh 215 pounds and it still looks bad. any advice will help.

Yes, there can be a great deal of Emotion and Stress Living with Gynecomastia as is expressed very well by this video.  Take some time to listen to that patient's experiences to learn why, as a surgeon, I really enjoy my sculpture and how it has changed my patients' lives.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia

Offline KL

• Posting Member
Again, I can understand how it may be personal and affect you but I would love to have a chest like yours in the 'before' stage. I have completely underdeveloped shoulders, about a B cup of breast tissue and have suffered much worse abuse and self loathing.

But again - good luck and peace.

DrBermant

Again, I can understand how it may be personal and affect you but I would love to have a chest like yours in the 'before' stage. I have completely underdeveloped shoulders, about a B cup of breast tissue and have suffered much worse abuse and self loathing.

But again - good luck and peace.

My patients with larger breasts such as a size G have said they would love to have something as small as a size B cup.  Actually gynecomastia comes in many different degrees and can affect individuals in different ways.  Subtle Puffy Nipple Gynecomastia can be stressful for someone looking for a male chest contour.  It takes very little to interfere with a cut look of a Bodybuilder with Gynecomastia.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction

Offline rdy4chng

• Posting Member

to helpmeplease, since you asked i'll give you my opinion.  I saw your photo, it's slightly worse than what i have and i'm in a little better shape so that helps things "look better" as well.  but regardless of the severity of the condition, the fact of the matter is that it has always tormented us, made us feel like less of a man, embarrassed us, prevented us from going places like a beach etc.. the list goes on.  I'm comfortable with taking my shirt off but only if my nipples are hard and the skin is tight, otherwise i have pointy breast.. I'll always hate it and that's why i decided to do something about it, finally.  I'll be spending around 6-7K and will be having the arthroscopic shaver technique done.  I sort of feel like the cost is nothing compared to how I will enjoy my life more not being afraid to do things I never wanted to because of the condition. So I say, if you are really bothered by it, it's not going to go away on it's own, go for it and get it removed.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024