Author Topic: DR. JACOBS SURGERY SCHEDULED... PLEASE HELP  (Read 2173 times)

Offline JJJJJ

• Posting Member
Hi. I just booked surgery for 3/10. I'm currently about 225 lbs and the doc says my results might be better if I dropped some weight before surgery. Please chime in with your opinions on whether I should just try to drop 5-10 lbs or should I postpone it until I shed some serious weight. By the way, I'm 36 yrs old, 5'11 and I've been as low as 185 in the last 2-3 yrs which is my ideal weight. Any opinions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Offline Pacifico

• Silver Member
Be HONEST with yourself.  (yeah i know you are different and will maintain your "perfect" weight after surgery).  Find a weight between your heaviest extreme and leanest diet weight.  That way you are in the middle and going up won't screw your results and going down won't either.  Where does your weight usually settle out at, or what is a real weight you have been able to keep when you are not on a crazy diet.  That is where you should be.  I had mine at 270.  I have been 240 and 310.  So I am right in the middle at a weight i can maintain, but i am trying like hell to get to 250!  Good luck and glad you got a great doc!  I like Jacobs.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2009, 01:05:48 AM by Pacifico »

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024