Author Topic: Had my consultation today!! I am really happy right now, well kind of  (Read 2988 times)

Offline WackWack

• Posting Member
I went for consultation today, I was quite embarrassed at first but everyone was friendly. I talk to the doctor and the total surgery price was $4800 and he  gave me a discount that cut the cost to $4000. I think he did because I am college student with no job.

Well he said I had mostly  gland tissue and would have to do the excision and lipo because its mainly concentrated in the front of my chest which makes the areola perk out(that is what is destroying me).

I now have half of the money and will unfortunately have to rely on my sis to pay the other half or cosign for care credit.  I am hoping she does. We have no problem with each other but we are not close. our relationship  is more hey how are you doing kind of thing(we are 4 1/2 yrs apart) and I doubt she knows how bad this is affecting me.

I am seriously looking forward to the next few months. Happy as I have ever been.

If everything works out, i am expecting to have this crap remove may,june,july right before I turn 20.

Offline Jake

• Silver Member
  • My body is my temple.
Good for you WackWack!  I hope everything goes well for you and I look forward to hearing more from you.
Had gynecomastia since age 12.
Surgery performed on July 18, 2008 by
Dr. Jeffrey Wagner in Indianapolis, IN.
(Excision and Liposuction)

"The heart moves on while the mind remembers."

Offline nick24

• Bronze Member
I went for consultation today, I was quite embarrassed at first but everyone was friendly. I talk to the doctor and the total surgery price was $4800 and he  gave me a discount that cut the cost to $4000. I think he did because I am college student with no job.

Well he said I had mostly  gland tissue and would have to do the excision and lipo because its mainly concentrated in the front of my chest which makes the areola perk out(that is what is destroying me).

I now have half of the money and will unfortunately have to rely on my sis to pay the other half or cosign for care credit.  I am hoping she does. We have no problem with each other but we are not close. our relationship  is more hey how are you doing kind of thing(we are 4 1/2 yrs apart) and I doubt she knows how bad this is affecting me.

I am seriously looking forward to the next few months. Happy as I have ever been.

If everything works out, i am expecting to have this crap remove may,june,july right before I turn 20.

_________

Same for me, but I literally just got off the phone with my grandparents who will pay for the whole thing for me. Im glad I broke the news to them, they have always been supportive of me. Living in Hawaii and not taking my shirt off for year will be a thing of the past. Im planning on meeting with the doctor tomorrow and scheduling the surgery for early spring break (march 20th-ish). This is going to be a great summer right before my 20 b-day too. Good luck to everyone else.

Now that getting surgery is a reality for me im starting to feel kinda queasy about being cut into, my gyne is pretty mild so it shouldn't be major surgery. I think what im scared of the most is the IV or whatever they need to stick the needle into your arm for. ahhhhh!!!!! its been crazy the last couple of hours.

Offline WackWack

• Posting Member

_________

Same for me, but I literally just got off the phone with my grandparents who will pay for the whole thing for me. Im glad I broke the news to them, they have always been supportive of me. Living in Hawaii and not taking my shirt off for year will be a thing of the past. Im planning on meeting with the doctor tomorrow and scheduling the surgery for early spring break (march 20th-ish). This is going to be a great summer right before my 20 b-day too. Good luck to everyone else.

Now that getting surgery is a reality for me im starting to feel kinda queasy about being cut into, my gyne is pretty mild so it shouldn't be major surgery. I think what im scared of the most is the IV or whatever they need to stick the needle into your arm for. ahhhhh!!!!! its been crazy the last couple of hours.

Well I am so not worrying about, this definitely beat  acting like I am not interested in girls I  like, wearing a jacket all the time, layering my clothes, not going to the beach(I live in miami and never been to one), not buying the clothes I want, always doing cardio in the gym instead of lifting weights in fear of making it appear worse. Basically been antisocial

Good luck man, I know I am going to need it.

Offline Cellar_Door

• Silver Member
Wow, nice job on getting a discount!

Did he just offer it, out of the blue?

I'm also a college student with no job... this is gonna be a major dent in my finances.
Surgery completed. Mission accomplished!
2/6/09. Dr. Karidis, UK.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024