Author Topic: Acceptance???????  (Read 8319 times)

William

Hi

Is it just my perception or has the conversation in the Gynecomastia Acceptance Section and the sub-boards become more about Surgery or Post-Surgery and really has nothing to do with living with Gynecomastia?

Also do you think that this current atmosphere is good or bad for acceptance conversation?

William

Offline Jake

• Silver Member
  • My body is my temple.
I've looked through this section a few times and found some generally positive messages.  But the users who wrote them are long gone and haven't been active on these boards for a while. 

Now it seems that people are making a mockery of this section and posting messages about making their breasts bigger.  It's offensive because some guys ARE actually accepting or trying to accept their gynecomastia and get on with their life in a positive way.

I think a lot of younger guys who look on these boards stay away from this section.  I think there's a stigma attached to accepting gynecomastia that scares off some users who wouldn't even want to think about it.  These stupid posts about enlarging breasts and etc. only make the section look more unappealing.  It should be a place generating positive and sincere messages that give hope and motivation.  Not making a joke about something that is so serious to a lot of guys.

There are still some messages from guys who are living with their head held high.  But the other nonsense posters are an insult.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2009, 01:47:56 AM by Jake »
Had gynecomastia since age 12.
Surgery performed on July 18, 2008 by
Dr. Jeffrey Wagner in Indianapolis, IN.
(Excision and Liposuction)

"The heart moves on while the mind remembers."

Offline Tiffany

• Posting Member
  I agree that some of the guys that post about growing bigger breasts should find a transgender site to join. They could get their thrills by posting their fantasies in a place where others fight suicidal thoughts because they feel they have the wrong body.
  That is one reason that I can live with what is happening to me.
  At least I can take comfort in knowing that regardless of how bad it gets I am a man in a man's body. that body is just being changed because of side effects of some meds I take. Or at least I think it is.
  Being in my early 50's I have gone through the vast majority of my life.
  I have 3 kids and 8 grandchildren. I've been in the military and supported my wife for most of my life until my health went downhill.
  At this point I have nothing to prove and no great male ego to satisfy. I've been blessed with a wonderful life and have a true compassion for those in worse shape.
  There are too many that live a life of hell and too many that are maimed and suffering with illnesses that are gradually destroying them. My problems don't even begin to compare to those who lie lingering with limbs being cut off as they wait to die due to a disease being way younger than I.
  My hope is that those who are young don't get discouraged and entertain suicidal thoughts because of something that is nothing more than vanity. It's nice to have a lean well sculpted body but even that is over rated.
  I remember how looks meant a lot when I was young. But, it meant less and less as I grew older. Hopefully, they will hang in there and find that out for their own selves.
  I'm not really sure I have gyne. All I know for sure is that I have a chest that is gradually getting more and more feminine looking. It seems to get more and more girly by the day.
  I cannot afford surgery so that is out of the question. If this is caused by meds it would just come back anyway. Therefore I just decided to live with it and rejoice in the good things in life. There are too many things in life to love.
  Yea, if I got gyne, I accept it. So be it.
  If not, time will tell.
  Either way life is good.
It's too easy to get on a "woe is me" kick.
Life is too good in other ways.
If I can't poke fun of myself I sure would be pathetic.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
I have accepted my condition. That does not mean that I like it, just that it is not very high on the list of things that concern me.

I usually post on the "General" area. My interest in the site developed a few years back when one of my grandsons was showing breast enlargement in early puberty.

Sometimes getting the younger people over there to simply slow down and look at their alternatives can be a real chore. Having some of them take the time to see a well qualified surgeon instead of doing something stupid is a worthwhile activity in my opinion.

They are tolerant of my opinions there, So I guess it is only fair to tolerate them here as well.
Grandpa Dan

Offline Tiffany

• Posting Member
  I think that some people fail to realize that some of us have varying lifestyles, finances, health problems and a score of other contributing factors that all play in our decision to either accept gynecomastia or seek an operation to bring back a chest which society considers masculine. Each of us has to weigh out all the variables and decide for ourselves.
  In my case I have chosen to accept this and deal with it accordingly without letting it ruin my life. I couldn't care less if I have a chest considered manly or feminine. Hence, my posts are along the lines of my decision. If I have to have this infirmity due to circumstances beyond my control I personally choose to wear a bra as I feel a pair of breasts that are supported and not allowed to sag are more appealing to the eye than drooping breasts. In a sense, like a young woman's breasts are more appealing to the eye than granny-boobs. After all, I am the one that must look at them in the mirror.
  Having stated such, I tend to post in areas that go along the lines of my views and decisions. I do not wish to post in another forum where I may belittle someone or make sport of their views.
  It would indeed be nice if others would show such consideration and post where they blend in without adding to the hurt of those who struggle with this. After all, since we all have different backgrounds, lifestyles and finances it is only reasonable to believe that some may be affected deeper than others. Posting in the proper place is just simple consideration for others and we as the afflicted should be giving a word of hope to those who suffer and not add to their pain.
  May God bless,

Tiff

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024