Author Topic: Surgery Questions for Dr Jacobs  (Read 1633 times)

Offline tapingthemdown

• Posting Member
Hi, I'm new to the site, and cannot believe that I am not the only one out there with this problem. Years ago doctors always laughed this condition away and told me that it'll go away and not to worry! Try having this problem since the 7th grade and going thru every summer like this! NOT fun!.   >:(

My Questions regarding the procedure:
I am scared of having to be put to sleep....is there another way ? I seriously dont mind being awake for the procedure as long as I dont feel too much pain.
I want to keep all of this a secret from family and friends...WIll I be able to function at my desk job a week later after surgery? I have about a week vacation time during X-mas week.

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
For most men, the amount of work necessary (including lipo) cannot be dealt with by using simple local anesthesia alone.  The only time that works is if you have just a small amount of tissue directly under the areola.  That is why I utilize intra-venous sedation administered by a separate, board-certified anesthesiologist.  He administers a cocktail of small doses of medications -- just enough so that you are sleeping gently and unaware of any pain or the passage of time.  It truly is the way to go.  Do not allow your fear of "going to sleep" dissuade you from having the surgery.

As for recovery, most of my patients are back to school or desk work within 3 days or so after surgery -- so you should be just fine if you have a week or so.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024