Author Topic: May 28th getting rid of my puffy nips!  (Read 2361 times)

Offline mike888

• Posting Member
Hey everyone!  Has anyone recently had GC surgery to get rid of puffy nipples?  I finally have my date, May 28th. I'm getting excision only through an areola incision.  My pictures are posted on the User Photos section.  Any past experiences shared would help...especially excision only.  Also, I'm only doing local anesthesia.  I don't mind being awake for the surgery and especially don't mind the cost reduction.

Thanks,

Mike888

DrBermant

Hey everyone!  Has anyone recently had GC surgery to get rid of puffy nipples?  I finally have my date, May 28th. I'm getting excision only through an areola incision.  My pictures are posted on the User Photos section.  Any past experiences shared would help...especially excision only.  Also, I'm only doing local anesthesia.  I don't mind being awake for the surgery and especially don't mind the cost reduction.

Thanks,

Mike888

Puffy Nipple Gynecomastia problems typically consist of both gland and fat as you can see in this Anatomy of Puffy Nipple Drawings.  Excision of gland alone can result in a nasty Crater Deformity Complication after Gynecomastia Surgery.  I prefer using my Dynamic Technique to contour such problems.

Local anesthesia alone is not enough to maximize comfort for good chest contouring. Plastic Surgery Anesthesia is an art form.  Sedation manages the patients conscious level.  Local and Tumescent Anesthesia manage the numbness and comfort.  For almost all of my gynecomastia surgery, local anesthesia with sedation provides a safer much more comfortable method.  The patient starts with medication from an IV given by my Anesthetist.  He is an artist who blends various medications that gently drift each patients off to sleep.  We have been working as a team for many years.  By the end of the operation the patient awakes, comfortable, with no nausea, and unaware of the time that has transpired.  My local anesthesia and tumescence is given after the patient is asleep. 

You can find an extensive individual patients' experience with comfort and my Tumescent Technique Anesthesia for gynecomastia here.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Surgery

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024