Author Topic: Surgery on the 10th June 2009  (Read 4334 times)

Offline fanoffloyd

• Posting Member
Hello Gentlemen,

I'm nearly there with only a week to go before my surgery on the 10th in the UK, CANNOT WAIT!!!

Having suffered with this condition since the age of about 12 I cannot quite believe that as I approach my 38 birthday this summer I will finally be able to feel like a real man. It has taken many many visits to numerous doctors to finally find someone who said, "OK, would you please take your shirt off and Ill have a look" - this was the biggest progress I had ever had. Every other doctor had either laughed or just dismissed it as something silly.

This female doctor agreed instantly and acknowledge that something could be done, she was so nice. I had to write a letter to her so she could pass it on to the Primary Care Trust who then were able to make a decision, thankfully last September they did.

I have tried to diet my way out of it, dress my way out of it, exorcise my way out of it and even try to walk hunched in order to disguise it. To anyone wondering what to do... go and pester your doctor because it is available in certain NHS trusts.

What I would say however, is that it is exaggerated by poor exorcise and/or diet. I would say that surgery is the only proper cure.

Good luck to everyone else.

M

Offline fanoffloyd

• Posting Member
Hi everyone, apologies for not posting the pics yet. It's been really difficult to find some privacy to do so! But will do shortly.

Everything is doing fine, just a fair bit of fluid left behind in the cavity. The op was done at Stoke Mandeville in the UK, great people.

I am wearing a Champion brand summer compression top - £11.99 from JJB Sports, and periodocilally a stretched compression chest belt which the hospital gave me.

Ill try and do the pics in the next couple of days.

Offline hendrix72

• Posting Member
Hey, I would like to see some before and after pics if you could :)

You say it's available on certain NHS trusts -- where can I find these, and can I get the surgery for free in the UK? This is killing me now and I just have to have this surgery done. Thanks in advance for a reply :)

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024