Author Topic: Surgery on Tuesday. Do I have the right attitude?  (Read 3095 times)

Offline Plarkin

• Bronze Member
Going in with Dr. Jacobs on Tuesday to get the surgery. Booked it about two months ago. Haven't really thought much about it since. I' kind of looking at it like going in for a haircut or dental work. Was more uptight about an endo and colonoscopy I had done a couple years ago. Weird. Am I going to get a big shock here, or is this the RIGHT attitude to have? Am I too blithe? Maybe finally getting it booked has just lifted the burden and now it's all anti-climatic, anxiety-wise, which is good, in my book. Perhaps being an old guy, 53, has something to do with it, too. Thoughts?

GynO_DuDe

Well tbh you have a good attitude pre-op. Having the same attitude during the healing stages might not be a good thing ... your going to have to change your mentality to a more cautious one. Take it easy, let everything heal as it should without pushing yourself too much.

Offline Plarkin

• Bronze Member
Gotcha. Got a few days to get prepped mentally for something I presume is like rehab for a few weeks. Been very very busy the last few weeks, which probably partially explains by blitheness -- no time to obsess.

Offline Nightmare

• Posting Member
I' kind of looking at it like going in for a  dental work.

dental surgery is way way more painful then a gyno surgery. sadly i need alot of dental work. and i choose to take care of my gyno problem 1st.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024