Author Topic: is this possible?  (Read 2762 times)

Offline mykytyn69

• Posting Member
i had surgery about 3 weeks ago and there seems to be swelling around my nipples and alot of fluid,what worries me most is that it feels like my gyno has started to come back because there seems to be a hard tissue and it feels like the gland sort of?

DrBermant

i had surgery about 3 weeks ago and there seems to be swelling around my nipples and alot of fluid,what worries me most is that it feels like my gyno has started to come back because there seems to be a hard tissue and it feels like the gland sort of?

3 weeks can be very early after surgery with some techniques.

Posting Standard After Gynecomastia Pictures can help other better understand your concerns.

Firm tissues after surgery can be residual gland, but also can just be healing tissues or scars.  Different surgical techniques injure tissues to different degrees. Time to tissues softening can vary depending on the original problem, what was done, after surgery care,
Scar Care, After Surgery Compression Garments, and many other factors. Options depend on the problem to be treated. Time can range from 6 months to a year but can vary depending on many issues best explored with your doctor.

I see many patients who complain of residual Puffy Nipple Gynecomastia after another doctor's surgery.  There are many possible problems causing such a deformity.  The most common is remaining gland behind the areola as seen in these Anatomy of Puffy Nipple Drawings.  Check out the images with the link for remaining gland after surgery to see what I mean. 

Liposuction is great for fat, but does not do well for gland at all.  As shown in the anatomy link, there are usually fingers of gland between fingers of fat.  Liposuction no matter what technique (sharp cutting cannula, specially designed cannula, ultrasonic, laser, or "smart") targets the fat first.  Remove the fat and the gland remains behind condensing the fingers making a firm mass.

Even if the doctor achieves a flatter chest, that firm mass does not look like fat, move like fat, or compress like fat.  It just does not move well or look good (especially on animation).  That is why few doctors will show results with chest muscles tightened or arms up over the head or movies showing the tissues in motion.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Revision Gynecomastia Surgery

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Three weeks is much too early to judge anything.  Swelling and firmness are normal parts of the healing process.  If you have been wearing a compression garment, that will help a great deal.

Actual fluid at this point is rare -- but would return to your surgeon to have it checked out.

Trying to examine yourself and "feel re-growth" of tissue is just anxiety provoking and not helpful.  Relax, let the healing process proceed and keep in touch with your surgeon.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024