Author Topic: Post op healing questions - Posture and Compression Vests :)  (Read 3116 times)

Offline Curiousone89

• Posting Member
Hello, my PS is quite busy at the moment so I was hoping I can get some different opinions on the matter.

Firstly, posture and physical location.

I tend to use my laptop on the bed quite often, and sometimes, i turn to myside with forcing pressure onto my elbow as I do this. Is this bad for the healing process?

Secondly, compression vests.

After I take off my STAGE ONE vest after I shower, I go look at the mirror and my chest is as flat as a pancake. However, after I'm done showering, and massaging it as my PS has instructed me to do so, it looks a little puffed up. I wanted to ask if this is just the swelling up because the blood suddenly rushes into the area or?

I am now officialy 5 days post op :)

Please let me know what you think of this, thank you.

PS: As you doctors have seen my previous posts, I'm not at all concerned with achieving a rock hard solid-like chest. I just want realistic results :) Thanks.

DrBermant

Hello, my PS is quite busy at the moment so I was hoping I can get some different opinions on the matter.

Firstly, posture and physical location.

I tend to use my laptop on the bed quite often, and sometimes, i turn to myside with forcing pressure onto my elbow as I do this. Is this bad for the healing process?

Secondly, compression vests.

After I take off my STAGE ONE vest after I shower, I go look at the mirror and my chest is as flat as a pancake. However, after I'm done showering, and massaging it as my PS has instructed me to do so, it looks a little puffed up. I wanted to ask if this is just the swelling up because the blood suddenly rushes into the area or?

I am now officialy 5 days post op :)

Please let me know what you think of this, thank you.

PS: As you doctors have seen my previous posts, I'm not at all concerned with achieving a rock hard solid-like chest. I just want realistic results :) Thanks.

New swelling after surgery can be the result of a new damage and injury. Each doctor has his / her own way of managing their patients. I never permit my patients to massage their chests so early after surgery.  There is no advantage and the trauma to newly injured tissues makes just no sense to me at all!  For the fastest recovery and quickest healing, peak swelling should occur in the operating room for a well designed surgery and after surgery care.  Patient education is critical for good results.  That is why picking your surgeon can be so critical. Have you asked your own doctor?  Does you own doctor know about your concerns.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024