Author Topic: surgery scheduled for the 28th. have some questions  (Read 2292 times)

Offline theghostinside

hey everyone im new on here. ive been lurking around the boards for quite some time just never have posted. i finally decided to have surgery and dr. ross bunch will be doing it. he is located in tuscaloosa alabama. his website is http://www.plasticsurgeryinc.com/ i didnt know if anyone had heard anything about him or had surgery performed by him. he comes highly recommended, but he did not have any pictures of his work on gynecomastia surgeries. the reason why i have posted on here is i am deathly afraid of any type of surgery. because of the way my nipples are the doc said he will be making a small incision below the nipple to reposition it. i guess the reason im posting is just for some reassurance about the risks with the surgery and how frequent that they can occur. also if anyone has any helpful info that i would need that would be awesome. i just need some people that have had the surgery to give some words of encouragement. thanks so much again.

Offline theghostinside

why do you say run???? i dont have pictures, but because of my gynecomastia my nipples sit off center and point to the side. my doctor said it would make my chest look more natural and tighten the skin. There were two different procedures he talked about. one would be just to make a small incision around the nipple and take everything out and the other would be to make a small vertical incision underneath the nipple that would move it more towards the center of my chest in a more natural position. he said that the first procedure would possibly leave some skin sagginess while the second would not.

Offline theghostinside

he said that there would be only one surgical insision which would run like a small line from the bottom of the nipple. he told me that if lipo was done alone, i would have a chance of having saggy skin. is this not correct???? if you dont mind me asking why does this description, "The excision techniques is recommended where glandular breast tissue or excess skin must be removed to correct gynecomastia," sound fishy???? i know that he says several incisions on the website, but he told me it would only be one. is that odd when it comes to gynecomastia surgery????

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024