Author Topic: <-Decided to do surgery...2 questions for The Doctors  (Read 3228 times)

Offline heyjoe87

Today I had a consultation in Kaiser's Surgery Department of Downey California and I asked the Doctor what procedure he'd be doing. Here's a brief summary of what happened...

When I asked what the procedure he'd use, he mentioned, "Mastectomy." He told me that the gland behind both nipples weren't like the usual "golf-ball" type of glandular tissue. He said it was more "widespread." He mentioned the downside of the procedure which would be "dimpling. "

Anyways here's the 2 questions...

1. I seen pics of mastectomies on men and seen a lot of butchered chests -LOL-...What procedure would be best?

2. I'm under Kaiser Permenante Insurance. Doing the Mastectomy surgery w/ them would be free. However, If there's a better type of procedure what plastic surgeons would take Kaiser Permenante Insurance?

I'm 22 and I live in Ontario 91762 area code. thank you for taking the time to read my post :D.

-Reuben

DrBermant

Today I had a consultation in Kaiser's Surgery Department of Downey California and I asked the Doctor what procedure he'd be doing. Here's a brief summary of what happened...

When I asked what the procedure he'd use, he mentioned, "Mastectomy." He told me that the gland behind both nipples weren't like the usual "golf-ball" type of glandular tissue. He said it was more "widespread." He mentioned the downside of the procedure which would be "dimpling. "

Anyways here's the 2 questions...

1. I seen pics of mastectomies on men and seen a lot of butchered chests -LOL-...What procedure would be best?

2. I'm under Kaiser Permenante Insurance. Doing the Mastectomy surgery w/ them would be free. However, If there's a better type of procedure what plastic surgeons would take Kaiser Permenante Insurance?

I'm 22 and I live in Ontario 91762 area code. thank you for taking the time to read my post :D.

-Reuben

Mastectomy is a medical term for breast removal.  Choice of surgeon can be a critical factor for results.  Here is a post I made about choosing a gynecomastia surgeon:

http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=16474.0

Male gland shape comes in different forms, Anatomy of Gynecomastia. Click on the small images to see some types. The button shape is but one of many variations.

As you can see in these Gland of Gynecomastia Pictures, massive glands can be removed with refined chest shape with my techniques.  Click on the picture and you can link to the before and after surgery photos to understand the nature of the problem and my surgical sculpture.

We see many Gynecomastia Patients from California and around the world who prefer my techniques.  To minimize travel, many start out with our Preliminary Remote Discussion.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
It would be helpful if you could post some photos.

The word "mastectomy" refers to removal of breast tissue -- so the term is appropriate for gyne surgery.

I would recommend you look at your doctor's before and after photos of HIS prior gyne operations.  If he doesn't have any, or only one or two, I might be suspicious.

This is surgery where choosing your surgeon carefully -- one who is experienced with many cases -- will do you the most good.  Make sure he is a board certified plastic surgeon.

There are some excellent surgeons in the Kaiser system -- just interview them carefully and in fact, visit several surgeons if possible.

Best of luck!

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024