Author Topic: Going back for seconds...  (Read 2412 times)

Offline gyneuser

I'm 20 and lost a lot of weight through highschool (95lbs), excess skin and gyne made my chest look aweful, one of the worst cases here.  I had my first gyne surgery December of last year, and am going in for a revision December 2nd.  The problem with the first surgery was that my PS did not remove enough breast tissue and left the areolas too large.  The plan is to have him remove more tissue on each side, and cut completely around both areolas forming smaller diameter areolas.

Here's my brief log of events, ill post followup pics in this thread after the next surgery.

Before, bad case.

~2weeks after initial surgery

Today, almost 12months post-op.

Question...

My areolas are usually soft (like in the today pics), but after exercise they are hard and look almost normal.
Is the excess breast tissue in there causing them to be soft so often?  My doctor keeps saying he doesnt want to remove too much tissue, but im afraid that he's not going to remove enough.

Offline lighting506

• Posting Member
Congratz on losing weight, you seem to have everything ready except for that gland. I think after this surgery you should be good to go :)

DrBermant

I'm 20 and lost a lot of weight through highschool (95lbs), excess skin and gyne made my chest look aweful, one of the worst cases here.  I had my first gyne surgery December of last year, and am going in for a revision December 2nd.  The problem with the first surgery was that my PS did not remove enough breast tissue and left the areolas too large.  The plan is to have him remove more tissue on each side, and cut completely around both areolas forming smaller diameter areolas.

Here's my brief log of events, ill post followup pics in this thread after the next surgery.

Before, bad case.

~2weeks after initial surgery

Today, almost 12months post-op.

Question...

My areolas are usually soft (like in the today pics), but after exercise they are hard and look almost normal.
Is the excess breast tissue in there causing them to be soft so often?  My doctor keeps saying he doesnt want to remove too much tissue, but im afraid that he's not going to remove enough.

Large areola do not look good on the male chest.  Large Areola Complication from Donut Mastopexy can be of poor surgical design or a result of not understanding the tissue forces at play after surgery. Making an areola smaller by cutting out a ring of skin does not stop the pull of the remaining skin making the areola large again. Unfortunately, areola can end up bigger than they started.  Avoiding the skin reduction when not needed or using a superficial permanent sliding suture to counter the expanding forces are better options.  Unfortunately, I have seen too many of this disaster from other doctor's operations.  Although Revision Donut Mastopexy can repair this deformity, picking a surgeon who demonstrates skill in this specific sculpture of Male Mastopexy Chest Lift can be key for revision surgery sucess.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Revision Gynecomastia and Chest Surgery

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024