Author Topic: surgery complete  (Read 2373 times)

Offline surgery2

• Posting Member
  Tuesday,December 8, I had my second gynecomastia surgery.My first was in 1985 and it was Lipo only.Cannula was entered through incisions on each side of my chest near the armpits and drains put in the incisions after.This time lower nipples were cut and glands removed on both sides, with lipo for contouring done through the same incisions.Doctor showed me the glands after surgery. They were each about the size of a golf ball. Drains still in have follow up tomorrow.So I had this done at 31 and 55 years old. I noticed that my chest did not look like everyone elses when I was a freshman in HS.Remarks were made thus shirt never came off, never swam, never went to beach. Cost in 1985 $1,700.00  -2009 $6,300.00. Compression vest still on so have'nt seen results yet.If I had not come across this forum I probably would never have gotten another surgery. Though alot of adipose tissue was removed in "85" I still had noticable projection on my lower chest.This forum gave me the bump I needed to go it again.

Thank you, All   

Offline Copespo

• Gold Member
good stuff buddy, I am also looking at getting revision done but only on my right side... seems like gland was left ...
Lose 10 (kg) by August... Achieved
Lose 5 (kg) by Mid-September.....Achieved
Gain 20 (lb) in Muscle by December.......Achieved, Gained 24lb in Muscle
Gynecomastia Consultation October 17, 08......Complete

Surgery Completed January 8th, 2009 with Dr. Elliot Jacobs in NYC!

Offline surgery2

• Posting Member
  When I had it done in 1985 I was never completely happy with results (though a big difference). Having revision played on my mind for 24 years. The Dr. at the time said it would be around $700.00 dollars to do. I am now six weeks post-op from revision (24 years later) with a new Dr. and had visit today. I am already very pleased with the results, big difference when the glands are removed. So I am thinking I will finish healing and be done but he says he would like to do some more Lipo under general anesthesia over my upper pec to get a better contour. He will do this through the incisions were my drains were (at no cost). I have no problem with that. I am very pleased with my surgeon and his staff. I have no before and after pictures,other than what the Dr.had taken. I am giving him permission to use them on his website if he so choses. The pictures probably will not be up till somewhere near summer. Mine might be the only men's procedure on it.If he uses them I will post his website if anyone wants to see.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024