Author Topic: Doctor planning to remove all the fat, what should I do? pleae reply asap  (Read 3545 times)

Offline Email

• Posting Member
Hi,

My doctor is planning t remove all the fat as -he says- if he doesn't, then it will come back again. I on the other hand am worried about my chest caving in. Did your doctor remove all the fat? Are you happy about the results? What should I do? I have puffy nipples, should I just ask him to not remove all of it but some?

Any help is appreciated,
Thanks

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline Email

• Posting Member
I'm not in USA or UK at the moment, and the surgeon is sort of a friend, and I highly doubt (I mean it!!!) your ability to know him in any way (still possible though!)  :)

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Most PS's will leave 'some' tissue behind so as not to leave a concavity...

If you are concerned about this issue, I suggest you look for another PS...

GB...

Offline fluffy_tits

• Gold Member
yep i had it done!!  i had one but as my chest got tighter it went away...but it kinda came back on the left breast but it'll prolly leave cause i still don't have all my feeling back in my chest yet so you kno how skin is with no feeling!!

Fluffy( o )v( o )...
My before and after surgery pics: Leave a comment if you look!! (HAD THE WRONG LINK UP! THIS IS THE ONE WITH ALL THE PICS)
http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=19342.0

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
what worries me more is that he sounds like he's talking about lipo only, with no plans for excision. 

i don't remember ever seeing anyone happy with lipo only.  if that's what he's thinking, i don't think he's gyne-expert enough for you.  there will always be residual gland tissue left from lipo, there will be more extensive scarring, etc etc.  my advice is, if that's what he's planning, friend or not, cancel it now and shop around.  at MINIMUM make absolute certain that

1. he HAS done excision cases before (this is a must) and
2. he will leave the option on the table for you. 

if not, my advice is bite the bullet and find a way to pull the plug. 
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline fluffy_tits

• Gold Member
Yea if your friend isn't goin to do excision don't do it cause you're goin to regret it!!!! :'(

Fluffy( o )v( o )...

DrBermant

Hi,

My doctor is planning t remove all the fat as -he says- if he doesn't, then it will come back again. I on the other hand am worried about my chest caving in. Did your doctor remove all the fat? Are you happy about the results? What should I do? I have puffy nipples, should I just ask him to not remove all of it but some?

Any help is appreciated,
Thanks

Puffy Nipple Gynecomastia Surgery is an art form, not all doctors have the same skills.

Removing all of the fat can look terrible, especially on animation such as tightening the chest muscles or lifting arms up over the head. Check out this Anatomy of Puffy Nipples. Remove the fat and the gland remains behind distorting the contour. Remove too much fat and you can get a Crater Deformity Complication

If you are questioning your surgeon's techniques, then you may need to investigate a little better just what that doctor's results typically look like. If you have not seen such examples of his / her skills, then you may want to better do your homework.  An experienced gynecomastia surgeon should be able to demonstrate such art and not need a patient to educate on how to sculpt the chest.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024