Author Topic: young active major gynecomastia  (Read 2835 times)

Offline mandoman47

hey everyone,

lets see i am  new here, i am only 16 i am not extremely overweight but by no means skinny. im 6'1. 224 pounds and have major gynecomastia. it has seemed to always been something all throughout elementary school to high school. i work out reg in school in weight training and i try to concentrate alot on my breast muscles but i know its doing nothing but building muscle. i have talked to my dad about it and i do not have insurance so going to the doctors even to talk about it and get something started is out of the question for now. of course i have done alot of research and i was wanting to know do these pills like 'diet aid of questionable value' and other brands work at all to reduce breast and puffy nipples.  t
 thank you very much ,
dan

DrBermant

hey everyone,

lets see i am  new here, i am only 16 i am not extremely overweight but by no means skinny. im 6'1. 224 pounds and have major gynecomastia. it has seemed to always been something all throughout elementary school to high school. i work out reg in school in weight training and i try to concentrate alot on my breast muscles but i know its doing nothing but building muscle. i have talked to my dad about it and i do not have insurance so going to the doctors even to talk about it and get something started is out of the question for now. of course i have done alot of research and i was wanting to know do these pills like 'diet aid of questionable value' and other brands work at all to reduce breast and puffy nipples.  t
 thank you very much ,
dan

I have yet to see before and after documentation of such pills and have yet to see any patient who said they worked to any extent. Almost all are multilevel marketing scams.

Have you checked your Body Mass Index with a BMI Calculator?  By definition you are almost obese at the high range of overweight. BMI does not differentiate between fat, muscle, and bone.  Body Fat Calculators can help with the fat percentage and are better at helping define the fat component.

Plastic Surgery is not an alternative to losing weight.  With surgery, a fat person will still look like a fat person, just one with smaller breasts.

The problem is that Male Fat Pattern extends around the chest, under the arms, and around the back.  Plastic Surgery is not a good tool for a global fat problem.

I advise my patients to get to a weight / body fat percentage they are comfortable with before considering surgery.  

Weight Loss Before Gynecomastia Surgery can help with the fat, but not the gland.  However, you cannot pick where your fat comes from. Plastic Surgery is also not a good jump start tool for weight loss.  I have seen disasters from patients from other doctors with deformities from significant weight loss after their surgery.  Men tend to put fat on first in the belly and chest bands.  We tend to take of those areas last.  Early surgery and depending on weight loss to predictably change the body is a nasty gamble.  No Surgery Body Shaping Garments are a better temporizing choice.

As a surgical sculptor, I view weight loss as a coarse tool and my plastic surgery as a refinement tool.  I prefer to use the coarse tool first, and then my sculpture for refinement.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia
« Last Edit: April 24, 2010, 07:35:23 AM by DrBermant »

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Dan

Would strongly advise against any of the so-called "gyne reduction pills"  --  none of them work.  If they did, then you would hear everyone on this forum extolling one or the other as a miraculous cure.

If your gyne has been established and stable for over two years, then more than likely you will need surgery to correct it sometime in the future -- when it is feasible for you to do so.

In the meanwhile, would suggest you lose as much weight as possible and disguise your gyne with a compression shirt.

Best of luck to you!!

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024