Author Topic: not much fat/gyne when I lie down  (Read 2395 times)

Offline wantnewlife

• Silver Member
i have mild gyne. when I lie down and I squeeze my chest, don't feel not more than 1.5 inches  fat/gyne ..am I a good candidate for surgery?
pics here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/33729837@N02/?saved=1
Doctors usually say they have to leave some fat/gland behind to prevent depression.
how do you decide how much gland/fat to remove during surgery? is this not much more difficult to decide for patients with mild gyne?
is there a possibility of injuring muscles/rib cage during surgery especially for mild cases?

DrBermant

i have mild gyne. when I lie down and I squeeze my chest, don't feel not more than 1.5 inches  fat/gyne ..am I a good candidate for surgery?
pics here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/33729837@N02/?saved=1
Doctors usually say they have to leave some fat/gland behind to prevent depression.
how do you decide how much gland/fat to remove during surgery? is this not much more difficult to decide for patients with mild gyne?
is there a possibility of injuring muscles/rib cage during surgery especially for mild cases?

For my patient sculptures, I try to contour the fat to yield a consistent fat thickness transition across the chest. I aim for an even pinch test as seen here on the Examination of the male chest.  This is an art form, you are selecting a sculptor. Checking examples of that sculptor's art is an excellent method to evaluate if you like what that artist offers. The results should look good from more than one or 2 views and also look good on animation (how tissue moves).

Here is a case of subtle Puffy Nipple Gynecomastia with nearly no body fat. Puffy Nipple Gynecomastia comes in many different degrees. Any surgery involves risks which is something that should be part of any patient's education before surgery.

The best place to determine if someone is a good candidate for surgery is during a consultation where a detailed medical history, examination, and evaluation can be done. Those giving specific advice are establishing a doctor patient relationship based on insufficient information.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024