Author Topic: 2nd Surgery...Same Dissapointment  (Read 7020 times)

Offline SJV9009

• Posting Member
Hey Everyone,
I'm 23 and had surgery because of puffy nipples and a hard mass behind my nipple area. I had smart lipo done in May of 09 (prior to knowing about gland excision). That surgery failed and the problem remained the same. In early January I had the glands removed with the same doctor in Michigan. 2 days later on my post-op visit the bandages were removed to show a larger about of bruising and liquid filling the area. The right side was aspirated. I continued to wear tight fitting garments, until one night when I fell asleep without the garment after taking a shower. The area filled with liquid once more and was again aspirated. A few days passed by when I realized that the right side now had a hard lump underneath the nipple. The hard lump feels similar to what was there even prior to both surgeries. I contacted a couple doctors who said this may be the result of scar tissue after the hematoma. I now sit here thoroughly disappointed and disgusted. I see all these happy post-op patients who have beautiful pics of flat chest just weeks after their surgeries, as I'm going on 2 months and my right side is swollen and and puffy. If anyone is or was in a similar situation as me please let me know what to expect and how long I have to wait before my chest is flat and my misery ends with gyno. Secondly, are steroid injections in the area a good way to get rid of that hard scar tissue.

DrBermant

Hey Everyone,
I'm 23 and had surgery because of puffy nipples and a hard mass behind my nipple area. I had smart lipo done in May of 09 (prior to knowing about gland excision). That surgery failed and the problem remained the same. In early January I had the glands removed with the same doctor in Michigan. 2 days later on my post-op visit the bandages were removed to show a larger about of bruising and liquid filling the area. The right side was aspirated. I continued to wear tight fitting garments, until one night when I fell asleep without the garment after taking a shower. The area filled with liquid once more and was again aspirated. A few days passed by when I realized that the right side now had a hard lump underneath the nipple. The hard lump feels similar to what was there even prior to both surgeries. I contacted a couple doctors who said this may be the result of scar tissue after the hematoma. I now sit here thoroughly disappointed and disgusted. I see all these happy post-op patients who have beautiful pics of flat chest just weeks after their surgeries, as I'm going on 2 months and my right side is swollen and and puffy. If anyone is or was in a similar situation as me please let me know what to expect and how long I have to wait before my chest is flat and my misery ends with gyno. Secondly, are steroid injections in the area a good way to get rid of that hard scar tissue.

Posting Standard After Gynecomastia Pictures can help other better understand your concerns.

Hematoma After Gynecomastia Surgery can happen, it is a complication that any experienced surgeon has faced. Hematoma are very rare in my practice, we are down to one every few years.  They are not totally preventable.  The body needs to deal with the blood in the tissue.  It can go away completely or remain as a firm mass.  Part of the art of Plastic Surgery is to minimize trauma to help with healing.  Healing is just slower after a greater injury, so a side with hematoma will lag far behind the other without.

Time to tissues softening can vary depending on the original problem, what was done, after surgery care,
Scar Care, After Surgery Compression Garments, and many other factors. Options depend on the problem to be treated. Time can range from 6 months to a year but can vary depending on many issues best explored with your doctor.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Revision Gynecomastia Surgery

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Sorry to hear about your disappointment.

At two months, you are still in the active healing phase of surgery.  The best you can do at this time is to wear a compression garment and massage the areas. Now is def not the time to even consider another procedure.  If your chest was flat after the second surgery, then more than likely the hard lump you feel is scar tissue.  Scar tissue does respond to time, massage and when necessary, kenalog injections.  But I would wait for at least 5-6 months post op before embarking on kenalog injections.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline cube

• Posting Member
Hey Everyone,

Your not alone I've had two procedures and now I have one side I am pleased with the other side however looks terrible and has a crater. So now I'm having to try and resolve this problem. It's now 3 months for me and the right side is looking much better. WHen I was two months I had developed hematoma which has reduced alot in a matter of a few weeks. It's terrible to have to wait, but it really does take up to a year to see the end result.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024