Author Topic: i got liposuction only done on my chest. but now i want to get excision  (Read 3406 times)

Offline christof1

• Posting Member
i got liposuction on my chest 5 weeks ago. my surgeon removed 440 cc of fat from my entire chest. he said we should wait and see what it looks like after liposuction, and if i still want excision done then i can do that after. how long should i wait before i get the excision done to remove the breast/glandular tissue?  i want to get it done before summer but do i have to wait along time since i got lipo already?

DrBermant

i got liposuction on my chest 5 weeks ago. my surgeon removed 440 cc of fat from my entire chest. he said we should wait and see what it looks like after liposuction, and if i still want excision done then i can do that after. how long should i wait before i get the excision done to remove the breast/glandular tissue?  i want to get it done before summer but do i have to wait along time since i got lipo already?

Posting Standard After Gynecomastia Surgery Photographs can help others better understand your concerns. If gland is not contributing to a contour problem, why do you feel it needs to be removed?  If it is a factor, liposuction alone will not manage the gland components. Liposuction can also "dig a hole" in the fat for the gland, resulting in a flat contour that distorts with animation.

Tissues need to heal before considering most forms of revision surgery. That can take 6 months or longer depending on the original problem and what was done.  Revision gynecomastia surgery is an art form, make certain you carefully evaluate a specific surgeon's skills with gynecomastia revision surgery before permitting him / her to further work on the tissues.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Revision Gynecomastia and Chest Surgery

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
how long should i wait before i get the excision done to remove the breast/glandular tissue?  i want to get it done before summer but do i have to wait along time since i got lipo already?

Five weeks after surgery! You are probably still somewhat swollen and not seeing the final results of your initial surgery.  You are in the inbetween time, when neither surgery or any other intervention can/should be done. 

If indeed further surgery is required, then best time to decide to do it is 4-6 months after surgery or beyond.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024