Author Topic: is it okayy to have a revision surgery 5 months post operation?  (Read 3586 times)

Offline christof1

• Posting Member
i had liposuction surgery only 2 months ago. is it okay if i get the glands removed in 3 months? the swelling is pretty much all down. would there be any dangers in doing this revision 5 months post op? remember that the original surgery was just lipo and i didnt go under the knife

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
It is usually wise to wait 5-6 months after any surgery to fully assess the results of that operation.  At that point, if revision is indicated, you may consider it. 

Best to discuss this type of thing with your own surgeon.  He knows what was done.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

DrBermant

i had liposuction surgery only 2 months ago. is it okay if i get the glands removed in 3 months? the swelling is pretty much all down. would there be any dangers in doing this revision 5 months post op? remember that the original surgery was just lipo and i didnt go under the knife

Liposuction still is surgery and tissues need to heal before considering possible Revision of Prior Gynecomastia Surgery. Timing depends on the original problem, what was done, after surgery care, scar care, and many other factors. This process can take 6 months or longer. More if there was more damage done during the surgery. You cannot rush Mother Nature. Operate too soon and the residual problem may not be fully defined. There are exceptions, but this is an issue best explored during an evaluation with an experienced Revision Gynecomastia Surgeon.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Revision Gynecomastia and Chest Surgery

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024