Author Topic: Kinda Concerned on my 12 days Post-Op -- Opinions please  (Read 4227 times)

Offline poison

• Posting Member
Hey guys,

This forum is absolutely great. I've learned so much from this and decided after feeling the same as you all since I was 12 years old, now I am 27 and got the surgery done.  I'm a little concerned though. I'm 12, almost 13 days into my surgery and am a little concerned that I didn't get enough removed, or if I am swollen quite a bit. I am patient but for some reason I have doubts that it will shrink to my satisfaction. From the before and after photos it seems like nothing has changed.

I didn't get the chance to measure my chest before the surgery (didn't think about it), but now I am measuring at 43.5" without squeezing to monitor my condition.

Should I be worried and talk to my plastic surgeon? I have a 1 month post-op appointment on April 1st and my thoughts are to continue to measure weekly on the progress, and if I don't see change between now and my 1 month post-op I'm gonna be pretty pissed.

Before:

Picture taken at 12 days:

Should I be concerned?

Thanks in advance guys!

Offline ddh

• Silver Member
I think your result looks pretty good now! Your chest looks in proportion to the rest of your torso, and doesn't look like a woman's chest at all.

But if you're not pleased, wait. Twelve days post-op is way too early to tell. You need to wait months to really see the final result.

I'm 5 weeks out from my surgery and I can tell that I still have swelling and some hard lumps that are going to take a while to shrink.

Give it time!

Offline poison

• Posting Member
Thank you very much for your response!  I really appreciate it.

I was just concerned and wanna make sure it was a good investment lol

Thanks again. I sure hope results will pawn out!

Offline dondante

• Gold Member
Looking at your pics I can understand why you're concerned, and it could definitely just be swelling. Out of curiosity, did the surgeon perform a glandular removal? The reason I ask is because I don't see any scar marks on your nipples.

Offline poison

• Posting Member
Thanks for the response. Ya I sure hope it's just swelling. And I understand it takes time for the swelling and skin to adapt, I'm just concerned if he surgeon didn't remove enough.

She said after my 1 week post op I was definitely swollen and that it was a lot flatter on the table, but I was laying down lol. that's why Im doing measurements on a weekly basis to monitor progress.

Nope, I don't believe I had much of a gland, more of a case of pseudogyno I think. When I first showered 48 hours after the surgery I was surprised where she made the incisions, and 4 of em at that.

The incisions don't bother me at all cuz I know they will fade over time and I'd rather have minor scars than my chest stickin out lol. Bur nope she only made incisions where the bandages are.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2010, 02:31:09 AM by poison »

Offline PASA8

• Posting Member
I think your results look really good and I would imagine as the swelling goes down it will continue to look better and better. You should be very pleased with that outcome.

A couple of questions, was your surgeon familiar with gyne procedures and did you have pre-op discussions about where the incisions were going to be located?

Also, it looks like you are having a speedy recovery, I really don't see much bruising. Congrats.

Offline poison

• Posting Member
Thanks for the response!

Ya she has done gyne procedure before, I'm not sire how many but she says she has done a few lol.

I have been monitoring the swelling and it has gone down by .5" inches. So hopefully it'll continue to go down.

Thanks very much for your kind words!  I'll post up pics on my April 1st post op and ask the surgeon.

Offline dallasguy12

• Bronze Member
  • Liason
I think your post-op chest is shaping up nicely. Nothing feminine about it at all! After the swelling goes down you'll be a happy camper.

Offline poison

• Posting Member
Yup! it's actually gone down a lot since then. I'm a lot happier with the results. I'll post up pictures on Monday ;)

thanks for all your support!  I have my 1 month post op on April 1st

Offline **Gynefor**

• 37 yo - 184 cm - 82 kg

Offline daewoo123

• Posting Member
I think it looks proportional to the rest of your body, perhaps losing some weight will help?

Offline poison

• Posting Member
Yup. my chest has gone down to 42" now from 43.5 so it was definitely swollen.

As for the weight I've cut down about 12 lbs since last time and body fat dropped .5

Thanks for the tips!

Offline George Pope, M.D.

• Supporting Doctors
    • Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
Not much to add here, as other posters have said it well.  But as you know, 12 days postop is way too early to start evaluating results.  It sounds like your swelling has gone down quite a bit since those postop pics were taken.

Has your surgeon talked about massaging your chest?  I always have my patients use an electric, flat head massager once or twice daily, beginning as soon as they can tolerate it.  It helps guarantee that swelling will resolve a little more quickly and evenly; less chance of lumpiness. 

You may want to talk to her about that this week at your postop visit.

Dr. Pope, M.D.
George H Pope, MD, FACS
Certified - American Board of Plastic Surgery
Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
www.georgepopemd.com
Phone: 407-857-6261

Offline poison

• Posting Member
Thank you for your response Dr. Pope!

She did indicate to me to grab a lint roller or a bat or something to massage it out to even out the swelling.

Here is another pic of me at 3 weeks:

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024