Author Topic: Tomorrow is the big day! Pre op pics  (Read 3582 times)

Offline boilers09

• Posting Member
Tomorrow is the big day and I'm pretty excited/nervous.  I'll be seeing Dr. Pensler in Chicago for my procedure. (Really nice guy)

I've had this problem ever since I can remember.  I even had it while running cross country in high school, so I know my weight is not the issue.  Speaking of my weight, I did gain weight through college after I stopped running with the team. I really regret stopping, but I've been working my way back into it.  This surgery will put a hold on it for now, but I'm hoping it will also give me the motivation I need to continue to lose weight.  If there is anyone reading that has had this surgery and has lost weight afterward, how did it affect your results?  I would hope they would make the results even better.   

Here are my pre-op pictures.  I'll post more as I recover!

Offline boilers09

• Posting Member
More....
Really takes guts to put these up...

Offline rickster49

• Posting Member
Best of luck to you!!

Keep us posted!

Offline boilers09

• Posting Member
Well it's all done!  Everything went really smoothly.  It's really hard to believe I have a flat chest under this compression vest!  Basically got to the office, signed my life away, and layed down on the table. They let me know when they were giving me the sedative.  Not too long after I started to see the vision blur and get a little dizzy. (Very much like you're getting drunk) and the next thing I knew I was coming out of it with the vest on, ice packs and all.   Pain wise, like most people have reported, it feels like you just did 200 push ups, and of course you have something really tight across your chest. The pain meds started to wear off from the surgery, and the vicodin took about an hour to really kick in.  So far, that in between time was the most uncomfortable.  Sleeping tonight will be interesting.  I can't wait to take off the vest on Friday to shower and see what I look like.  I'm not predicting anything to appealing, but I can already tell through the vest I don't have these lumps anymore.  Ive attached a picture with a t-shirt on to compare the one I posted from last night.

Offline WaitAMin

• Posting Member
flat chest looks nice keep us updated man

Offline ddh

• Silver Member
Congrats!

Isn't it great to finally look ok in a T shirt?

Follow all your surgeon's instructions to get the best result!

Offline tba

• Posting Member
How much was surgery? $5000?

Offline boilers09

• Posting Member
It is great to look flat in a T-shirt, for sure.  I can't wait till the swelling/bruising goes down and I can take my shirt off this summer for once! Tomorrow morning I can take my vest off to shower.  I'm not expecting anything too pretty, but it will be nice to get out of this vest for a few minutes. 

tba, yes that's exactly how much it costed. Included 2 vests, consultation and follow up visits.

Offline Jim38C

• Posting Member
But wont it come back? ive heard if the cause of growth isnt solved, they will just grow back. thats why i havent even considerd surgery cuz im clearly still growing. Anyone had success before let me know

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
If your gyne is still growing, you should investigate the cause by consulting with an endocrinologist.  Surgery really shouldn't be done until/if your gyne has been stable for roughly two years.

You do have a significant case of gyne and more than likely surgery will be required -- just when is not certain.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline Jim38C

• Posting Member
Then i clearly can not get surgery. I just started growing 1 1/2 -2 years ago. was a slow growth at 1st ( roughly to about a B cup ) til the past month when they exploded up to a C cup. I know they are still growing cuz i have pain & itching in them daily. I went months with no feeling, but they have never hurt as much as lately & then i got the biggest growth.
thats the pattern. they hurt like hell, then grow. I was put on a Prostate med & blood pressure & heart meds about 2 years ago. after that this started. My doctor said it was in my head plus when men get over 50 weight gain occurs. That was 2 months ago & they have exploded since then. Well this isnt weight gain . These are Boobs. ive been too embarassed & didnt know its happening to others til i found this site so i didnt know who to talk to.

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
You should review ALL your medications with your primary doctor.  If your weight has been stable, then perhaps the gyne growth is a side effect of your medications.  This should be investigated.

Dr Jacobs

Offline Jim38C

• Posting Member
Im sure its the medicine. Ive changed nothing else. i did gain 15 Lbs over the winter which is usual for me since i dont get to walk as much as when its warmer. But i Never grew boobs before. and i wonder just how much the boobs weigh too. they are feeling heavier.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024