Author Topic: I never took off shirt in public... gyno? opinions please  (Read 4540 times)

Offline essentiallyz

I go to gym 3 to 4 times  a week for hour and half.  I do not do any cardio but basically free weight lifting.  Like to work out hard on my chest day though.  I'm 26 years old and I have this problem for ten years and going... I never told my parents about my issue. 
When I work out my chest they become small and less noticeable since my chest muscle is buff up...the sad part is that they don't stay that way. 
Couple of years back I used to do cardio training too... however, I think that didn't help either.. my chest muscle will shrink but it didn't touch puffyness at all. 
I'm 5'6 and only weigh 150-155 pounds but can bench press 200 pounds of incline dumbells.

Here are the pictures.. sorry, they are not perfect... took them fast.

DrBermant

I go to gym 3 to 4 times  a week for hour and half.  I do not do any cardio but basically free weight lifting.  Like to work out hard on my chest day though.  I'm 26 years old and I have this problem for ten years and going... I never told my parents about my issue. 
When I work out my chest they become small and less noticeable since my chest muscle is buff up...the sad part is that they don't stay that way. 
Couple of years back I used to do cardio training too... however, I think that didn't help either.. my chest muscle will shrink but it didn't touch puffyness at all. 
I'm 5'6 and only weigh 150-155 pounds but can bench press 200 pounds of incline dumbells.

Here are the pictures.. sorry, they are not perfect... took them fast.

It is difficult to understand possible contour issues with the views posted. Standard Gynecomastia Pictures are easier to evaluate.

There is a thin muscle just under the nipple areola skin that will Flatten Puffy Nipples when stimulated. Once this muscle relaxes, the underlying contour again reveals.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction

Offline dondante

• Gold Member
You have ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to be worried about... if I saw you walk by me shirtless I wouldn't look twice. You have a muscular contour to your chest, that is absolutely not gyne at all!

Offline ddh

• Silver Member
You look great. There is nothing feminine about your chest at all. It looks like an "after" picture.

Offline **Gynefor**

• 37 yo - 184 cm - 82 kg
Your chest makes me think of mine. Exactly !  ;D When you're cold that's ok and when it's hot well... not satisfied at 100%...

At times, I thought that I had a serious case of gyne. :( Therfore, I posted some pics like you on the forum and people told me not to worry about it cos my chest was just OK, muscular and normal. I mean, you have a muscular chest, you practise weight too, depending on how you stand, one might notice something with your chest... But, honestly, do you often stand as you do on the 5th picture ? (and on that one, it does not look that bad !) On the other pics, your chest is great, more developed than others perhaps but as dondante said, I would not give a second glance at it. I just think your chest looks good. Frankly !

Now, if it bothers you so much, think about a PS but would you be ready to pay a big amount of money and have a chest that could be worse than it is now ? Would it change that much ??? I'm not convinced at all. You know, there are all kinds of chests in this world : skinny or fat, pointy nipples, more flabby or less flabby, muscular or less muscular, hairy, not hairy... and so on and so forth... Who cares ? You certainly do today because you focus on your complex.

But what is more important in life ? Think about it twice.  ;)

Hope that helps.  

Offline essentiallyz

Thank you for comments guys and Dr.
Yea, when it cold or comes out of shower or right after workout.... they are hard... once i'm in the warm, they become puffy.  Idk what should i do?  Should I keep bench pressing hard and try to make my chest bigger... start to take little protein like creatine or something? Should I start to do more reps and burn it off or do crazy cardio?

Offline lboogie

• Posting Member
You really don't look that bad at all bro...I wouldn't notice unless you mentioned it.

DrBermant

Thank you for comments guys and Dr.
Yea, when it cold or comes out of shower or right after workout.... they are hard... once i'm in the warm, they become puffy.  Idk what should i do?  Should I keep bench pressing hard and try to make my chest bigger... start to take little protein like creatine or something? Should I start to do more reps and burn it off or do crazy cardio?

You are welcome.

Bodybuilding is great for shaping muscles and losing weight. I work with many Bodybuilders with Gynecomastia and many complain that as they build muscle, what sits on top of the muscle just gets pushed further out.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction

Offline jsboob

• Silver Member
I certainly wouldnt mistake you for a girl, man, so Id say, NO you dont have gyne! ::)

Offline ddh

• Silver Member
YOU never take your shirt off in public? What does that mean for the rest of us?

Seriously, stop being so hard on yourself. You look great!

Offline 90293

• Posting Member
I personally think your chest looks great, but I understand how you feel. When I was cold my nipples would harden and I would look pretty much normal. So the only time I would take off my shirt was when I could make sure that my nipples were hard. However; you still look better than I did, but I think this is a very personal choice and as my father said "perception is reality" if you feel that you need to get the surgery done to make yourself feel better than you should go for it.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024