Author Topic: i need to be 100% sure?  (Read 2997 times)

Offline boom89

• Posting Member
Hello all,

I guess today is my lucky day, because I have found this forum!
A quick background about me.
I'm 21 years old. I noticed I wasn't "normal" when I was about 16 years old.
I tried to believe that it was just a phase and that all I had to do was exercise harder. I was always pretty fit, but the man boobs never went away.
It reallllly hit me while I was in basic combat training for the US Army. We all know that bootcamp is full of push ups left and right. Yet, after 6 months of push ups, sit ups, 2-4 miles runs every morning/day, I still had not lost them. When I returned home, I had pretty much given up. I was quick and strong... but I still had the damn man boobs. I thought I was gonna be like that for the rest of my life. I ended up not caring, gained weight, and pretty much gave up trying to lose them. Well, I finally stumbled upon the word gynecomastia, and after 2 years of research, I think it is exactly what I have, and that it is cureable.
On Jan 5, 2010, I was 205 lbs @ 5'9". After 1.5 months of diet & excercise, I dropped down to 185. I have maintained that weight for the past few months. I've always been pretty strong, and had a large upper body due to sooo much upper body work outs. But I always seemed to give up since I couldn't get my chest to build up. I am dieting and excercising again w/ a goal weight of 175lbs.

So, do I have it??

Thanks.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2010, 02:45:28 PM by boom89 »

Offline absec9

• Posting Member
Yes.  It may be a little of fat too (pseudo gyno) but you should have that gland excised and you'll be a new man!!

Offline boom89

• Posting Member
At the end of the month I'll see if they finally go away. I haven't been under 185 since back in highschool, which was 3 years ago. So 175 should be a huge difference. After boot camp I was 195 but in really really good shape, huge upper body, and still quick. Running my 2 mile run in 13 min. I was one of the bigger guys in the company, but had the 2nd highest # of push ups. This is why I'm so surprised that at this weight, they haven't gone away.

Offline NCCN

• Posting Member
you should try some of those compression shirts....i just bought 2 the other day and they work awesome (got one for $100 and another for $20, and they both work great)

they look just like regular undershirts (except way tighter and harder to get on or off)

if anything its something to hold you over until you get the surgery (if thats what you're planning on)....even if you arnt getting the surgery, these shirts are great, and i actually kinda like the tightness of them, feels very snug

Offline Violating

• Posting Member
yes i recommend you exercise and loose any fat you have to
make the surgery go better

but YOU DO HAVE GYNE,
and G. wont go away without surgery becuase its a gland,

if you want to test yourself just squeeze the outer part of your nipple, and around it as well
if you feel a gland then its gyne,

look at my pics and compare to yours,
although im sure that the way it petrudes and the amount of gyne u have
is in need for surgery,

if you have had this stable for more than 2 years its also probably never gonna go away,
let alone 16.

ive had it since i was 10 and im 16 now. Im doing something about it though because i know
they wont go away.

Offline boom89

• Posting Member
Nccn, I probably will end up grabbing some of those shirts. I've always worn tight under shirts, but maybe I'll even give those tighter ones a try. I have a bonus coming in next month, and I'm supposed to buy a bike w/ it. I have yet to find an average price for the surgery. Although I have seen some say they've paid form 5k-7k  :(
Thats just soooo much money. Thats why I decided to lose more weight now, maybe I'll go w/ the surgery instead of the bike  :(

violating, I have checked around my chest area many many times. Feels like a lump of something. fat?? lol. I've worked out so hard, and have gotten my upper chest rock solid, but around the nipple its always been... squishy. haha. Kinda sucks, but I gotta deal w/ it. Since I wear tight under shirts, have pretty big arms and shoulders, everyone thinks I'm just a big upper body kinda guy. Buuuuttt... unfortuneatly, thats not the whole truth.

Offline boom89

• Posting Member
Violating, I just saw the pics you posted. I was exactly like that when I was about 17 years old. I little more built because I had a weight lifting class, but my chest was pretty much the same.
In highschool, I would always wear my backpack with only one strap on. If I would put both on, then my chest was much more noticeable. Now that I think about it, thats where the backpack habit began. lol.
good luck w/ everything man.

Offline Violating

• Posting Member
lol yeah, i always try to hide it as much as possible,
by wearing a tight wifebeater,
and stuff

and that lump is called a gland, its not fat, its the same thing most of us suffering
with real G. have.

and thanks bro, best of luck to you too!

Offline NCCN

• Posting Member
the compression shirts will make your chest look perfectly normal, as long as you wear them

i used to wear tight undershirts too, all the time, to try and make my chest look better, and i gotta tell ya, the comp. shirts do 10x more than the tightest undershirt...i was really surprised at how good they work

im in the same boat as you, i want the surgery, but 5-7k is just outrageous...but hey, ill probably end up doing it as soon as i can, its worth it in the long run, i think, for the stress relief and peace of mind

Offline Eric Robertson

• Bronze Member
  • It's time to spread the word about Gynecomastia
Compression shirts work, but they are extremely uncomfortable.

Just putting in my two cents.

-Eric
Surgery Date: 6/06/06
Surgeon: Dr. Elliot Jacobs M.D., F.A.C.S., F.I.C.S., P.C.
Procedure: Liposuction and incision under the nipple.
Cost: $6,500
Discovery Health: Plastic Surgery Before and After I was featured in: http://www.gynecomastianewyork.com/teen_dhc_video1.html

Offline boom89

• Posting Member
I would kind of expect the shirts to be uncomfortable if they're so tight. I think I'm gonna grab some under armor shirts since these other shirts are waaaay expensive. I wish I could just cough up $7k for the surgery.

Offline Eric Robertson

• Bronze Member
  • It's time to spread the word about Gynecomastia
They are very expensive! I personally believe that they should be cheaper especially since one is required to buy multiple ones (or at least I did so I wasn't wearing the same one all week).

I just remembered that the compression shirts I needed to make my chest look normal were horrible. I had a severe case, so I needed the tightest ones available! It was very hard for me to breath sometimes. Just shows what lengths individuals will go to be "normal."

-Eric

P.S. I see that Under Armor shirts are a very popular choice on this site, which may indeed be a better choice for someone that doesn't have the money to buy the more expensive compression shirts. I know Nike also makes some nice "compression" type shrts for working out. I own a few and they are very comfortable and somewhat cheap (I think around $25). Hope I helped!

Offline Dr. Cruise

• Supporting Doctors
  • Gold Member
  • Dr. Cruise
    • http://lagynecomastia.org/
I can see how much this bothers you.  You should take comfort in knowing there is a predictable treatment for gynecomastia.  It is something you do not have to live with if it bothers you.   
Dr. Cruise
Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
2081 San Joaquin Hills Road
Newport Beach, CA 92660
949-644-4808
Before and After Pictures
Types of Gynecomastia

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024