Author Topic: My gyno is 100% gone, yours can be too!  (Read 2798 times)

Offline finallygynofree

I lived with gyno for years, it was hell and I almost killed myself because of it.

But I got the surgery and surprisingly (surprising to me at least) it was a success, and I've not had gyno regrowth either.

One thing I learned, don't listen to your doctors or anyone else. No one is going to help you except you. On my journey to rid myself of gyno I went to a few urologists and an endocrinologist. I told my urologists about the gyno but they didn't care since it wasn't what they specialized in. When I went to the endocrinologist, she made me lay flat on a table and felt my chest. She said it was just fat in spite of me being skinny and having B cup breasts.

When I got my surgery my plastic surgeon excised a fair amount of gland. He gave me a picture of the gland he excised after the surgery, as I had requested. I went back to the endocrinologist and showed her the picture, I asked "is this just fat?" she had no response and I was asked to leave. How incompetent doctors like this are able to graduate medical school I'll never know.

My parents had also been in denial about my gyno. They had constantly told me I just need to "exercise more" and "eat right", and it was "just fat". After I showed them the picture of the excised gland they too had no response. No apology. No admitting they were wrong, just dropping the subject and never speaking about it again.

There's something about gynecomastia that's so uncool and embarrassing that it makes people want to write you off and not many doctors want to deal with it. You have to help yourself.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2010, 05:12:14 AM by finallygynofree »

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Amen, bro.  You hit the nail on the head.  Gyne IS breast tissue (mostly) which will not disappear with simple diet and exercise.  Those who have the condition know that to be true because we have tried it -- that would certainly be the easy way.  But we also know that diet and exercise rarely help -- and that surgery is usually the definitive method of cure.

Glad you turned out well!

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline BoneBleached

• Posting Member
  • Even Fools Are Right Sometimes.
Good story man, I thought for a long time I was just a fat kid with boobs until i started googling it when i was like 15, found this site, first told my dad, he just insisted i was like he was when he was younger..chubby with boobs, but I just knew I had it. I went to a dr in georgia where I live and he said I had it, wasnt able to get the surgery then because I was deploying so soon, which Im glad now because Im going to get it done by Dr Elliot Jacobs!!

You are right tho I even brought it up to my psychologist I had when I was a teenager and she was seriously rude about the whole situation, just talking crap to me saying things like "well you need to quit crying go get a job and get your breast reduction" she was saying my dad shouldnt have to help me pay for it. well maybe she was right but she was so rude and after that day  I never seen her again.

BTW Hey Dr Elliot I didnt know you were on this site! how cool. I dont know if you remember me but if you look at my pics you probably would.
Tired of being that one link that just cant break

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Yes, I do remember you -- looking forward to seeing you in the near future!

Dr Jacobs

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024