Author Topic: please help  (Read 1988 times)

Offline gopal

Sir,

I am an Indian scheduled for a surgery on 27th May,2010 in Chennai (Southern India). But I have some interviews (Conversational type) lined up on 6-10th June in Kolkata (West Bengal). After this I am supposed to visit Delhi on 12th June and then to Japan on a educational trip to 17th June. I am very confused whether healing will be possible in such trips and conditions. Also whether someone will be required to assist me? whether carrying my own luggage(around 15 kgs) will have an adverse effect?

I will be highly grateful for the help.

Gopal

DrBermant

Sir,

I am an Indian scheduled for a surgery on 27th May,2010 in Chennai (Southern India). But I have some interviews (Conversational type) lined up on 6-10th June in Kolkata (West Bengal). After this I am supposed to visit Delhi on 12th June and then to Japan on a educational trip to 17th June. I am very confused whether healing will be possible in such trips and conditions. Also whether someone will be required to assist me? whether carrying my own luggage(around 15 kgs) will have an adverse effect?

I will be highly grateful for the help.

Gopal

These are questions best directed to your own surgeon. Recovery After Gynecomastia Surgery surgery activity depends on the problem to be treated, what needs to be done, surgical techniques, skill of the surgeon and many other factors. Comfort After Gynecomastia Surgery and Bruising and Swelling can play important roles as to how much activity can be done. For my patients most can travel long distances the day after surgery, vacation, attend conferences, and carry limited weights. Lifting arms up over head and excessive activity can stress early healing tissues. However, each surgeon has his / her own techniques. You should try to find what your doctor's patients are like early after surgery and what their limitations are.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction

Offline Dr. Cruise

• Supporting Doctors
  • Gold Member
  • Dr. Cruise
    • http://lagynecomastia.org/
At 10 days you will not be able to do heavy lifting but rolling luggage may be possible.  Flying should not be an issue as many of our patients routinely fly back home within one week of surgery.
Dr. Cruise
Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
2081 San Joaquin Hills Road
Newport Beach, CA 92660
949-644-4808
Before and After Pictures
Types of Gynecomastia

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024