Author Topic: How much does everyone bench/squat/deadlift?  (Read 4136 times)

Offline llbean24

• Posting Member
Just curious...

Bench: 235
Squat: 350
Deadlift: 315

Offline Pferdestärken

• Silver Member
  • Fixed 03/06/05 by the incredible Mr Paul Levick!
    • My Diary
At the moment, not much!

PB's for about 4 years ago:
Bench 89kg
Squat 185kg
Dead 210kg

That's full squats BTW, not those nancy little curtsey efforts most folk are happy to call a squat. If your thighs don't get below parallel lit don't count in my book! Like the guys who load 8 plates each side of a leg press then move the thing an inch! Wazzat? Gym time should be about working your muscles not your ego!
Pics | Op 3/6/05 Mr Paul Levick

Offline llbean24

• Posting Member
oh yea...say your age and weight too.  I'm 17 and 215 lbs.  

Wow...Pferd...your dead is pretty huge but your bench is so weak compared to it!! What happened?

Agreed about the squats.  Some people just don't know what the hell they are doing.  Don't be too quick to judge though, because sometimes limited range of motion is done purposefully for a different effect.  You probably knew that though since you deadlift is enormous. lol.

Offline Blarneystoner

• Gyne sucks
Bench 175
Squat 315
Deadlift ? idk i hate deadlifts
Please, Jesus, make my gyne go away!

Offline KryptoKnight

• Silver Member
  • surgery worth every penny
5'6.5" 155 lbs

Bench: 155
Squat: 325
Deadlift: 315

These are for reps and not my max.  My bench is lacking but I've hit a plateau and have been trying to bust through it.

Offline Pferdestärken

• Silver Member
  • Fixed 03/06/05 by the incredible Mr Paul Levick!
    • My Diary
oh yea...say your age and weight too.  I'm 17 and 215 lbs.  

Wow...Pferd...your dead is pretty huge but your bench is so weak compared to it!! What happened?

Agreed about the squats.  Some people just don't know what the hell they are doing.  Don't be too quick to judge though, because sometimes limited range of motion is done purposefully for a different effect.  You probably knew that though since you deadlift is enormous. lol.
45/224lbs now, and out of shape - those were my PB's from over 5 years ago now, when I was 190lbs and 11% bodyfat.

Bench has always been poor as I have long arms and weak insertions; also because of gyne I always avoided bench work. My body shape is much more suited to deadlifting than squats - again the long limbs. I just like deadlifting I guess. Nothing like picking up an olympic bar loaded with so many plates it moves 2 or 3 inches before the plates leave the floor!

Yes, I know what you mean about partials. They can be great to work on sticking points. Its the guys who go in year on year doing incomplete reps with weights they can't control, without ever getting any bigger, and not ever knowing why - who always seem to make a point of leaving all the plates on the leg press to show how "strong" they are. Jerks!

Offline STILLgotIT

• Gold Member
  • Finally gyne-free
I don't lift for weight now, just for conditioning. But, in my "BIG" days:

Bench -- I never took to benching, I focused on flat dumbell presses and I would max out at 125lbs (each dumbell) for 6 reps.

Squat -- 455lbs for 3 reps... FULL squats

Deadlift -- 365lbs.

Those days are long gone now.

Back then my body was SOOOOO high maintenance. I used to carry around an Igloo cooler with chicken breasts, baked potatoes, sandwiches, you name it. I was always eating just to maintain my size (6' 2" 220lbs at 8%).

Now I just try to stay lean and strong without regard to how much I lift in the gym. It's a much more laid back and low maintenance life.

Good thread, though.

Offline Achilles

• Silver Member
Is it possible to get a nice looking chest without doing bench (and without gyne)?  Because of past medical history, my doctors told me not to put too much pressure on my heart, so the most bench I've ever done was 100 lbs.  I like doing dumb bells better anyways, but is it possible to get a nice chest with doing everything else besides bench?

Thanks for the replies

Offline KryptoKnight

• Silver Member
  • surgery worth every penny
You have flys which really target your chest nicely, pec deck and dumbbell press too.  There are a bit more but any of those can be added to a chest routine.

Offline Seal

• Bronze Member
  • Surgery in August 05
bench press: 225#x14

military press: 180#x10

Offline KaRdoN

• Posting Member
17yrs ~260lbs 6'4
Bench - 240lbs
Squat - 450lbs
Deadlift- not sure.
Oh, i used to play football, so i got big legs.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2005, 07:24:49 PM by KaRdoN »

Offline Bakajin

• Bronze Member
benchpress: 160kg / 353lbs
deadlift: 220kg / 486lbs
squat: 230kg / 508 lbs

those PB's were set 2-3 years ago while I was 6' 200lbs.  I never do 1 rep maxes anymore but I'd guess I'm down at least 50 pounds on all 3.

I'm not a steroid user or anywhere near a bodybuilder type.  However I competed at university judo at a national level in Japan when I was younger (I'm 27 now) and  didn't have the same level of experience or skill of my opponents so I had to try to make up for it with strength/power

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024