Author Topic: Tape and Surgery Question  (Read 4553 times)

Offline Wood1989

• Posting Member
So I've finally got my surgery scheduled and partially paid, for the 23rd of this month, very excited!

Although to hide my problem I use tape, which of course has kind of left a red mark from where the tape has been.

Now would this cause them to cancel the surgery? That's probably my biggest fear right there!

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
The red is probably just an irritation -- not an infection.  It you take the tapes off now and not replace them, you should be OK.  Would suggest you speak with your surgeon just to be sure.

Taping is never a good idea -- it can lead to inflammation, infection, and pigmentary changes -- which can last a long time.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline Ibanez99

• Bronze Member
Hey :D My surgery is on 23rd too . Good luck!

DrBermant

So I've finally got my surgery scheduled and partially paid, for the 23rd of this month, very excited!

Although to hide my problem I use tape, which of course has kind of left a red mark from where the tape has been.

Now would this cause them to cancel the surgery? That's probably my biggest fear right there!

Tape can cause injury to tissue. Elective surgery on something recently injured increases risks of complications. It is a question to what degree the red mark is an injury and how much it can recovery before surgery. This is something to ask your surgeon as soon as possible.

Hiding Gynecomastia with Tape can leave permanent pigmentation scars as shown on that page. Body Shaping Garments are a much better temporary contouring solution.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction

Offline Wood1989

• Posting Member
I haven't used them since the day I posted this thread, and the red is almost all but gone, just a very very slight red color, but unnoticeable, so hopefully by the 23rd it won't be a problem!

Three more days! Urgh the hardest week so far!!

Offline Ibanez99

• Bronze Member
2 more to go..I'll post some pre op pics tonight. Maybe you can post some too and then on 24th some post op pics . So we could maybe keep a track how we get healed at the same time :)
Cheers
Sid

Offline Wood1989

• Posting Member
Sounds good!

I'm so excited but very very nervous, reading the horror stories was a bad bad idea.

2 days to go!!! AHHHH

Can't take the waiting lol!

Offline Ibanez99

• Bronze Member
One more day to go..I'm getting admitted in the hospital today. Won't be able to post after this ! I've posted some pre op pics earlier under the topic " Surgery preparation w/pics included" in :Surgery preparation: section of the forum. Trying to post some more now if I can cause I've to leave for the hospital in an hour :P
Will be back after surgery now :) Good luck to you!
Sid

Offline Wood1989

• Posting Member
Yep surgery is tomorrow!

25 hrs exactly till surgery as I post this!

Hope all goes well, and good luck to you!!! Make sure to get back on and let us know how great it went!!

Offline Wood1989

• Posting Member
Surgery has been done!

Went in at 10am exactly, got out of the  hospital at exactly noon, and back in Dallas now.

Got to say the hospital and surgeon were excellent!

Although extremely painful, the pills help! It's only been 8.5 hours post op, but I'm excited as all hell!!!

Can't wait to see the results, will be posting pre and post pics soon enough!!

Offline Ibanez99

• Bronze Member
Surgery done !! haha I'm extremely happy with the results! Gonna post some pre op and post op pics tonight along with detailed experience. I'm loving this

Offline Ibanez99

• Bronze Member
well here's my post with pics!
http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=20965.0
 wud like to see ur update as well

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024