Author Topic: Uneven Results  (Read 2617 times)

Offline RobbyR86

Its only been a week after my surgery.. But my left side is flat with no bruising or swelling.. My right side is noticably larger .. puffy and bruised

The doctor said its because of swelling , and something with the blood after the lypo suction.. it takes time for it to gain its shape , and heal too even out with the other side.

I trust the doctor he has been very kind , and explained it very sincerely along with the nurses.. but i cant help , but ask other professional advice

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Just much to early to be overly concerned.  Many patients are asymmetric after surgery -- a bit more swelling on one side than the other.

Recommend you relax and allow the healing to progress.  It takes many months to see the final result.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

DrBermant

Its only been a week after my surgery.. But my left side is flat with no bruising or swelling.. My right side is noticably larger .. puffy and bruised

The doctor said its because of swelling , and something with the blood after the lypo suction.. it takes time for it to gain its shape , and heal too even out with the other side.

I trust the doctor he has been very kind , and explained it very sincerely along with the nurses.. but i cant help , but ask other professional advice

Each side of a chest can present a unique sculpture during surgery. Healing also can present differences to result in an uneven healing. The ultimate art of any surgery is to sculpt with Minimal Swelling And Bruising. How well we achieve this goal can vary depending on the problem to be treated, what needs to be done, anatomy variations, and many other factors.

How tissues eventually progress will take time. Being patient is the first step.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024