Author Topic: After many years of waiting, I finally did it. Dr. Pope!  (Read 17917 times)

Offline jaye31987

• Posting Member
    • My Before and after!
After many years of embarrassment and depression of my chest. I was finally able to get my surgery done. All within 4 days of consultation! First I would like to thank Dr Elliot Jacob for being a kind doctor and recommending me a doctor within my area, instead of thinking only about himself. Thanks  :) .

My Surgery was done September 2nd 2010. Here are pics of me in June of 2010.

Before pics - June 10

Here are pictures of my evil tissue  >:(

http://img713.imageshack.us/i/chest1.jpg/

http://img409.imageshack.us/i/chest2.jpg/

I believe a 1/2 liter of fat was lipo out of my chest (Both sides)

After surgery-

Due to my annoying vest, and the discoloration of my body at the moment, I haven't taken a picture yet. My post-op meeting will be September 8th, hopefully by then my discoloration will be mostly gone. I can't wait to see my chest (I know the real results will show in 3-12months)

By any chance, have any one  experience a change in appetite after surgery? For some reason, I eat like crazy now, I just can't stop eating.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2010, 09:09:11 AM by jaye31987 »

Offline combatwombat

• Posting Member
Grats bro! i hope i can get mine done soon.  lolz the tissue in the cup reminds me of fried chicken. 

Offline Viking75

• Bronze Member
You are in great hands. Dr. Pope is a great surgeon and an excellent choise för Gyn op. I cant wait for your pictures but remember that healing takes time ;)
That looks to be alot of glandular tissue. How big was the incision at the areola?

Offline jaye31987

• Posting Member
    • My Before and after!
Thanks  :) . Yea I can't wait to really get a good look of my chest tomorrow when I see Dr. Pope. Tomorrow I will post pictures hopefully.

How big was the incision at the areola?
I'm not sure. Since it's all bandaged up, it's hard to tell. Tomorrow I will find out. My guess would be close to half a inch?

This is a video I took from my phone the moment I got up from the anesthesia (Still having the anesthesia effect). I was sooo determined to record/see the fat that caused soo many problems in my life. It was the first thing I said the moment I woke up. Where the fat/phone?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iexdfeGZujE
« Last Edit: September 07, 2010, 03:12:30 PM by jaye31987 »

Offline thetodd

My god that would make me so ill seeing that after the op lmao.

Hope you get a nice result he seems a decent bloke, posts quite a lot of aftercare stuff on here even with people who arent his patients. Keep us all updated
Surgery With Alex Karidis - 16/05/09 - Completed!
http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=17738.0

Offline Viking75

• Bronze Member
I can anderstand seeing that crap out of your body as a part of the mental heling.

Offline jaye31987

• Posting Member
    • My Before and after!
I saw the doctor today, went well over all. I finally took a good look at my chest with the vest off. I'm pretty bruised up with a lot of swelling on my nipple area but it should eventually disappear within 2 weeks (The discoloration that is). Looking pass the discoloration/ and the swelling, i'm over all please with the results so far. Next appointment is in 2 weeks.

Picture : Post-op 8 days  (After pic is a little blurring but will eventually get a clearer shot once the bandages are off)

« Last Edit: September 09, 2010, 12:38:57 PM by jaye31987 »

Offline ddh

• Silver Member
Looks like you're on you way to a great result!

Don't get discouraged during the next couple of months as your chest goes through a lot of changes: swelling, temporary hard lumps, stiffness in moving your arms.

Just keep wearing the compression garment and don't push yourself to hard. It takes longer than you think for the tissue to heal and reconnect.

Best of luck!

Offline Viking75

• Bronze Member
In profile I think it looked pretty darn good considering  swelling and all. Keep posting

Offline xoxoxoxo

• Gold Member
I saw the doctor today, went well over all. I finally took a good look at my chest with the vest off. I'm pretty bruised up with a lot of swelling on my nipple area but it should eventually disappear within 2 weeks (The discoloration that is). Looking pass the discoloration/ and the swelling, i'm over all please with the results so far. Next appointment is in 2 weeks.

Picture : Post-op 8 days  (After pic is a little blurring but will eventually get a clearer shot once the bandages are off)

wow the post op pics looks great.. where are you form and where could i see your surgeon? how much does it cost? he did a great job! well done.  ;)

Offline jaye31987

• Posting Member
    • My Before and after!

I'm from Orlando, FL. Information about the surgeon could be found here http://orlandoplasticsurgerycenter.com/ . He also posts and monitor the forum. Price for my condition was 5,200. Thanks  :)

I'm wearing that vest every minute for sure. I will post a pic once I see the doctor again (September 20th)

Offline jaye31987

• Posting Member
    • My Before and after!
Just for an update. I'm still in the healing process. All my bruising disappeared. My nipple area is still sore and loss of sensation
 (Part of the healing process). My appointment is October 20th. So 16 days from now Dr.Pope is going to evaluate my progress. I will then pose pictures.

Offline **Gynefor**

• 37 yo - 184 cm - 82 kg
Looks really great ! You must feel better then.
Congratulations mate !

Offline TheOregonKid

• Posting Member
I am very impressed by the preliminary results.....looks like you always had a nice chest underneath just waiting to be exposed.  Be sure to follow up with more pics.  How many days worth of pain pills did he prescribe?  I am a wuss when it comes to pain and am worried that I will be in agony if ; only have a days worth.
“Whoever despises himself still esteems the despiser within himself” -Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline jaye31987

• Posting Member
    • My Before and after!
I forgot how many days he prescribed but After taking it for one day, I decided it was not needed. It never hurted me to the point that I needed pills. After visiting Dr.Pope Oct 20th. I'm happy so far. I'm still swollen. I also gained like 20 pounds during my post-op period  :-X . I could easily lose the pounds, so I don't mind too much.

During my Doctor visit, He evaluated by chest and my concerns.

My concerns BUT i'm aware that my nipples is still swollen:
1. My right side of the chest is still slightly bigger.
2. I could still see the puffy nipple effect.
3. Still think my chest might need a little extra lipo.

Since I'm still swollen it's best to wait it out, and Dr.Pope agreed.
So my Next appointment is Dec 29th 2010. 2 Months 4 Days!

Goal: Lost 20 lbs and hit the weights. Designed a 60 Day workout Program. So I could truly see my results and such.

How I feel right now?: My chest has changed. It's MUCH better than before. After the doctor said he will remove extra gland/lipo if it's needed after the 2 month wait, I was very happy to hear that. Unlike other Doctors would leave you out into the curb. Can't wait for the 2 months to come! I know if the swollen don't go down, Dr.Pope will take care of it.  :)

I will post pictures of my chest today or tomorrow. (I'm 20lbs bigger, so be aware  :( )

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024