Author Topic: Options; New here  (Read 3243 times)

Offline s7even

So I know I have a problem and want to begin working towards solving it.

I am 24, 6'1, and 250lbs. I have began going to the gym and have lost a few points already working cardio 45 minutes and light weights/high reps 30 minutes. I have an idea on my plan of attack on eating right in which my girlfriend will help me on. Are there any foods I should begin staying away from?

I plan on getting surgery since I attempted to lose the weight before, but they stayed the same. After that I became more depressed and went back up in weight in hopes of "hiding" them moreso.

Looking for help here

Thank you

Offline balalayka

• Silver Member
First of all, you need to stay motivated. Don't let the fact that the gyne does not disappear with weight loss let you down. It won't; however weight loss will help you reach an optimum weight for surgery. If you are at a comfortable weight, it will be much easier for you and for the surgeon.

Weight loss is most effective when you watch what you eat and that's the most important factor here. Exercise is always good so you have to do that too , cardio + weightlifting is very good; however unless you're a tremendous athlete like Michael Phelps, exercise alone won't do it.

You should of course avoid fast food at all expenses, a burger and fries every now and then is ok, but whenever you can avoid it, please do. Cut out candy, replace it by fruit, eat lean meats, whole wheat pasta and bread, brown rice , veggies. Avoid fatty foods; get your healthy fats from peanut butter, walnuts and salmon for example.

In summary, lose weight with diet and exercise, and then go for it. Good luck mate.

DrBermant

So I know I have a problem and want to begin working towards solving it.

I am 24, 6'1, and 250lbs. I have began going to the gym and have lost a few points already working cardio 45 minutes and light weights/high reps 30 minutes. I have an idea on my plan of attack on eating right in which my girlfriend will help me on. Are there any foods I should begin staying away from?

I plan on getting surgery since I attempted to lose the weight before, but they stayed the same. After that I became more depressed and went back up in weight in hopes of "hiding" them moreso.

Looking for help here

Thank you

Have you checked your Body Mass Index with a BMI Calculator?  By definition you are in the upper range of obese. BMI does not differentiate between fat, muscle, and bone.  Body Fat Calculators can help with the fat percentage and are better at helping define the fat component.

Plastic Surgery is not an alternative to losing weight.  With surgery, an overweight person will still look like a overweight person, just one with smaller breasts.

The problem is that Male Fat Pattern extends around the chest, under the arms, and around the back.  Plastic Surgery is not a good tool for a global fat problem.

I advise my patients to get to a weight / body fat percentage they are comfortable with before considering surgery.  

Weight Loss Before Gynecomastia Surgery can help with the fat, but not the gland.  However, you cannot pick where your fat comes from. Plastic Surgery is also not a good jump start tool for weight loss.  I have seen disasters from patients from other doctors with deformities from significant weight loss after their surgery.  Men tend to put fat on first in the belly and chest bands.  We tend to take of those areas last.  Early surgery and depending on weight loss to predictably change the body is a nasty gamble.  No Surgery Body Shaping Garments are a better temporizing choice.

The male chest can be distorted by gland and fat of Gynecomastia Male Breast Enlargement. After weight loss, loose skin can also be a factor to different degrees. Drooping or Ptosis is a frequent problem after massive weight loss or deflation of massive muscles.   

Posting Standard Pictures to Show Male Chest Drooping after weight loss can help others better understand if the loose skin component is a factor.

Low Nipples Look Strange on the male chest and comes in many different degrees.  The lower edge of the areola should be at or above the lowest part of the pectoral muscle when upright. When sagging is significant, surgery can combine both the residual contours of gynecomastia and loose hanging tissues in a single sculpture.  Male Mastopexy Chest Lift for Drooping Chest or Ptosis can consist of many different Surgical Options for Excess Skin of the Male Chest.  A Short Scar Skin Reduction Chest Lift hides the scars under the pectoral muscles and around the areola.  However, for more subtle problems, the compromise of leaving the loose skin alone can be a better option.

Finishing weight loss before surgery is usually much better than further weight loss after surgery. Weight loss is a coarse tool, Plastic Surgery is better reserved for refinement. This is especially true when tissue sagging is a factor.  Why lift sagging tissue, lose more weight, and see that tissue sag again from further deflation? 

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Male Mastopexy Chest Lift for Drooping and Ptosis

Offline alphajc

• Posting Member
You should try to get within 20 lbs of your ideal weight...which for you that means to come down to around 200lbs before pursuing surgery.

But could you find a surgeon to perform surgery on your right now as-is?  Probably, some will feel uncomfortable but there are some out there who specialize in large-volume liposuction as a form of weight loss.  It would be costly and the surgeon would likely recommend working on your chest, torso, arms and back at the same time.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024