Author Topic: My Story so far with Pics  (Read 4200 times)

Offline Terence

I will be added a link to my blog

Thanks
« Last Edit: October 07, 2010, 05:30:43 PM by Terence »

Offline Raider Fan

• Gold Member
Glad you're happy, but I don't believe I've ever seen pictures of such bruising.  For sure, I would think a little bruising should be expected, but large purple areas all over your chest?  That just seems out of the ordinary. 

Is that common?  Doctors? 

Offline TheCorrectedOne

• Posting Member
they let you wake up like that?  :o is that dried blood or just under your skin?
if you can't accept yourself, you're just living to die soon

Offline gyneco_1001

• Bronze Member
That looks like a case of a surgeon stabbing with little regard for your skin... good news is that all of that will go away and it seems you'll have pretty good results.

Offline Terence

Hi guys

The bruising was a bit excessive although there was no pain, the pics of the bruising was approximate four days later, there was no blood at all.

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Doctors' techniques vary and so do patients.  Some patients will bruise and others will not.  Also, bruising (which is free blood under the skin) can spread away from the areas that were worked upon.  Most commonly, the bruising heads south (due to gravity).

Bruising, unless accompanied by a collection of blood, is innocuous and will not affect the final result at all.

No doctor -- repeat, no doctor -- can guarantee that a patient will not bruise!!!

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

DrBermant

Glad you're happy, but I don't believe I've ever seen pictures of such bruising.  For sure, I would think a little bruising should be expected, but large purple areas all over your chest?  That just seems out of the ordinary. 

Is that common?  Doctors? 

Bruising is the result of blood escaping its normal vessels and capillaries. How much bruising occurs is a function of a patient's genetics, medical problems, drugs and substances in the body, age, surgery technique, the damage during surgery, skill of the surgeon, compression after surgery, after surgery care and other factors. Blind cutting tools, damaging methods that explode cells like ultrasound, seem to have much more bruising and swelling. That is why I prefer to remove the gland under direct visualization and micro control bleeding with minimal damaging cauterization.

Limited bruising can resolve just fine.
Bruising is a form of a Hematoma and can be minimal, moderate, major, so much to jeopardize survival of tissue blood supply, or even risk the life of the patient. Excessive collections of blood often need to be drained. This blood tends to drift down when standing and towards the back when lying on the back. Blood cells outside the vessels need to be broken down and absorbed. This is a healing process. The more blood in the tissue, the longer the healing will take. Too much blood to break down can result in a build up of scar tissue leaving a deformity.

The main point is how much Bruising with Gynecomastia Surgery can be minimized by methodology. Examples shown are typical for my patients. You can see many other examples on my site. Less bruising means less swelling and can translate to a faster recovery. Not all doctors show how their methods evolve after surgery. Sometimes you can get a glimpse on a forum like this.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction

Offline 15yrsl8r

• Posting Member
I will be added a link to my blog

and where is the link?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024