Author Topic: It's time to shape up - pics and surgeon choice  (Read 2329 times)

Offline outofshape

• Posting Member
I'm 23 and had gyno since my puberty started. Blood tests show all my hormones are normal except testosteron and DHT being elevated, but that's not bad! I've decided to do surgery but i'm really afraid of bad scarring! After the surgery is done i want go back to the gym and shape up so i don't want white circles of scar tissue around my nipples.

My health insurance covers the surgery 100% if i have it done in the Netherlands and i may choose the hospital where i want to have it done. The problem is i cannot find any really qualified hospital surgeon with years of gyno-experience. I have this feeling that general surgeons in hospitals don't care that much about aesthetic looks, they just want to have the job done. So i prefer to visit a private clinic and i don't care where in the world. All i want is the best result with minimal scarring, i don't care about the costs for surgery or having to fly around the world.

Which doctors are famous for outstanding gyno surgery on this forum?  I hope to hear some recommendations because i want to have the surgery done asap.

Thanks!

DrBermant

I'm 23 and had gyno since my puberty started. Blood tests show all my hormones are normal except testosteron and DHT being elevated, but that's not bad! I've decided to do surgery but i'm really afraid of bad scarring! After the surgery is done i want go back to the gym and shape up so i don't want white circles of scar tissue around my nipples.

My health insurance covers the surgery 100% if i have it done in the Netherlands and i may choose the hospital where i want to have it done. The problem is i cannot find any really qualified hospital surgeon with years of gyno-experience. I have this feeling that general surgeons in hospitals don't care that much about aesthetic looks, they just want to have the job done. So i prefer to visit a private clinic and i don't care where in the world. All i want is the best result with minimal scarring, i don't care about the costs for surgery or having to fly around the world.

Which doctors are famous for outstanding gyno surgery on this forum?  I hope to hear some recommendations because i want to have the surgery done asap.

Thanks!

Yes, "white circles of scar tissue around my nipples," would really detract from a good sculpture. Yet, the nipple/areola - chest interface offers a great place to fool the eye about the scar. My typical scar for each side now measures about 1.6 cm or 0.6 inch and tends to hide / blend into the edge. You can check many close up pictures of such scars on my website, at last count there were over 10,000 before, during, and after surgery images & videos on my site. Here is but one example:

http://www.plasticsurgery4u.com/revision_gynecomastia/revision_gynecomastia_ny.html

These scars are longer because the first surgeon put them inside the areola and I needed to move the scar to the edge to hide it better. When I can, I prefer my normal much smaller scar, more work but less visible.

Do not forget to include the entire chest and deeper layers when considering scars. How the chest moves is critical. Arms up, flexing the muscles and looking good while playing sports, living life is much more critical than just a few still images with arms at the sides muscles relaxed. Look for videos showing the extend of the scars beyond the surface incision. As in that link, do not just stop with the photos, check the movies for the patients.

We see many patients from around the world who prefer my techniques. To minimize travel, most start out with my Preliminary Remote Discussion.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
I have had many patients from around the world travel to see me in New York for their surgery (and enjoy a vacation in the Big Apple as well).

I would be pleased to provide you with a free email consultation.  Kindly send me your real name and email address in a PM on this site.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024