Author Topic: Surgery tomorrow morning.  (Read 4810 times)

Offline pokeweed

• Posting Member
My surgery is tomorrow morning, Thursday, November 11th, 8:45 am EST.  Scheduled for about 90 minutes. It's been a long time coming. Excited and nervous. Those of you who are prayer warriors out there, say a prayer that all goes well. I'd really appreciate it. :)

Offline kwl04

• Posting Member
Good luck to you. I'm sure it'll go great.  Enjoy the buzz before you go under  :o

Offline zado611

• Bronze Member
praying for ya.. maybe ill be in your position soon hoping for nxt month

Offline pokeweed

• Posting Member
WOW!! Surgery complete!! I'm in a compression vest from my waist to my shoulders. Pretty sore but I've got good meds! AND a great wife whose's taking care of me. He went ahead and did lipo on my ab area and sides to make sure it was great all over. Two weeks in the vest. Small price to pay. Thanks guys!!  Can't believe it's over!! ;D

Offline JamesDawson

• Bronze Member
Congrats!!!!!!!!!

Offline zado611

• Bronze Member
hope to see some pics :)

Offline pokeweed

• Posting Member
Absolutely!  Don't think I'll put them up for a while but they will be up. I don't much care for seeing those that are just 2 days post op!! I saw some on here that really concerned me!!  Thanks for the reply. :)

Offline Raider Fan

• Gold Member
Congrats, pokeweed.  You're gonna look great, especially after having the lipo on your abs and sides, too. 

Offline pokeweed

• Posting Member
Thanks Raider Fan. I appreciate that. Actually slept in bed from 11 PM - 3AM. Up ever since. My wife's having a hard time seeing the bruising, etc. She "hates seeing me this way," but understands why I'm so excited! Today she get's to change the bandages, so the compression suit comes off and I'll get a better look. I truly can't imagine looking down and seeing a flat chest after 40 years of dealing with breasts. Long journey since the unbearable teasing in Jr. High!!!  Thanks guys for your support. It means alot.

Offline Dark_order

• Posting Member
wooohooo glad everything went well.  Let me know how the swelling goes with you.  I was a bit shocked, lol

Offline pokeweed

• Posting Member
Right now the swelling is OK. Quite a bit in my armpit area where they lipo'd. He said the took off 3 quarts of fat!! Wow! Plus the excised the breast tissue, too!  He said there would be swelling in my scrotum, but so far that hasn't happened. Anyone have a problem with that???  I'm excited to take a shower shortly!  It's amazing how the little things can become BIG things when you haven't been able to do them!!  Hot water, here I come!
Another great day, two days post op!! :)

Offline Raider Fan

• Gold Member
Swelling in the scrotum is common after gyne surgery?  Why?

Offline pokeweed

• Posting Member
Actually, I guess that is from the lipo in the abdominal area! they went pretty low. No swelling yet, but it is dark purple! Quite lovely! (joking, of course) Haven't shown it to my wife, yet. I think I will save her the shock for as long as possible!!  ;D

Offline Dark_order

• Posting Member
I was just checking about the swelling in the Southern regions, lol.  It's definitely interesting, lol  It started I think the day after and is still a bit swollen today, don't be alarmed, but if you can get your hands on Traumeel, an anti-inflammatory with Arnica, I would recommend it.  It works great! 

Offline pokeweed

• Posting Member
Thanks! I'll keep that in mind. Now that region is turning purple and black.  :o Not only the sack but the rest of it too! Pretty gross looking!! :'(
I go back to the surgeon tomorrow morning! I'll sure he'll fill me in on it. ;D

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024